95 Oil drain plug oring

I got a 95 sc and I'm trying to research the black o-ring on the oil drain plug. No luck so far.

Huh. You know it doesn't have to be another black O-ring, right?

The bolt is a 12mm bolt - but a 1/2" drain plug gasket will also fit fine (1/2" is approx. 12.7mm).

RwP

Last edited:
I'm trying to keep it original equipment. :)

OK - Then I'd call the Ford dealer.

The gasket itself does not seem to be available separately, but the part number my digging turns up for the gasketted drain plug is E9DZ-6730-B . The actual number may be different.

(Me? I'd rather have a nylon gasket I replace every time, so it seals better.)

RwP

RwP
Me? I just glob on a nice ring of Black silicon RTV, let it set up, and install the drain plug back. No drips.. no leaks.. no errors. :cool: Silicon RTV = greatest thing since duct tape.

The gasket itself does not seem to be available separately, but the part number my digging turns up for the gasketted drain plug is E9DZ-6730-B . The actual number may be different.

RwP

I looked up that part number and it does not seem to be the correct 95 SC part plug/ gasket. I think it should be F5RZ-6730-B (Replaced By: YS4Z-6730-AA)?

If it was me I would go for the FEL-PRO gasket # 72515. $0.86 at RockAuto.

Attachments

• felpro_oil.jpg
    felpro_oil.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

RwP

Actually it looks more like F5TZ-6734BA but I'm not sure it is the right size.
2609.jpg

Last edited:
I looked up that part number and it does not seem to be the correct 95 SC part plug/ gasket. I think it should be F5RZ-6730-B (Replaced By: YS4Z-6730-AA)?

If it was me I would go for the FEL-PRO gasket # 72515. $0.86 at RockAuto.

Yea RockAuto isn't always right.. That gasket is for the 89-92. I got a draw full of those.

Last edited:
F5TZ-6734-BA is a 13mm ID x 22mm OD gasket used with Ford Aerostar, Explorer and Ranger 6 cyl, 4 Ltr Eng 1996-on. It will fit but it is has a tad too much ID and may not seal correctly.

I am comfortable with the plug/ gasket I found... I confirmed the F5RZ-6730-B (Replaced By: YS4Z-6730-AA) part number described under P/N 6675 at FordpartsGiant under "Thunderbird | 1995/ Engine/ 6 CYL. 3.8L - S/C - Cylinder block - external parts" which has not failed me to date.

Last edited:
Back