need help asap!!!

nscmd2b

have a 91 tbird sc and put a new engine in it. i get it started but it wont stay on unless im reving up the engine. what does this mean? what should i do?

ok maybe its the inner cooler. girlfriend said it didnt look right but she doesnt know really anything bout cars. also i havent started this car for 7 years. would that have anything to do with it?

i got a rebuilt engine afew years ago and finished it today. now it starts right up but again wont stay on in idle. i think it might be inner cooler but would there be anything else?

Yeah number of things starting with vacuum leak to idle air controller to crank sensor to o2 sensors to plugs and wires is it throwing any codes or is engine light on

i got a rebuilt engine afew years ago and finished it today. now it starts right up but again wont stay on in idle. i think it might be inner cooler but would there be anything else?
IC tubes are the most common cause of vacuum leaks. Easy to do.. just use a sealant on where they meet and tighen up evenly a bit at a time. Leave things loose and tighten up each a bit at a time until done. Check for loose vac hoses and any open fittings.

im using the teflon gaskets. some people say that a little bit of rtv on them is a good idea but didnt use any

the crank senor is brand new put it in right before starting it up. the engine light was on at first but then it turned off.

im using the teflon gaskets. some people say that a little bit of rtv on them is a good idea but didnt use any
Use one or the other but not both. Id look very closely at the back of the intake for open fittings or loose hoses. Dont forget there are vac lines that run through the firewall to the boost gauge, cruise control, and to the A/C control panel. If you did any work on the dash recently.. theres where you need to look.

Check the order of the plug wires on the coil pack. Pattern is:

(back)
(front)

Last edited:
Check the MAF sensor connection as well. I accidentally forgot to plug it in on my car one time after doing some work and it didnt run for anything

I replied in your other thread, but confirm fuel pressure at the rail using a gauge. You would screw it into the schraeder valve on the rail just right (drivers side) of the supercharger

i actually dont have one of those. but the engine is remanufacture i bought it from super coupe performance

Locate a gauge, either locally or from SCP, and observe fuel pressure at idle and when you give it gas, and take it from there

fuel spark air sums it up more than likely its a fuel problem if its getting spark there is a ring on tank holding fuel assembly on if that's not on it wont get proper fuel

see we have 2 of the same cars so what im doing is everything everyone is telling me i switch it from the other car to see if it works. ad so far everything is working. just wondering but would having the car on a jack effect anything like i olny have a little more than a quarter tank of gas and right now its on a jack to where the two front tires are off ground. whould that have anything to do with it dieing when giving it gas?

Back