help please

nscmd2b

breaking in the engine and it idles fine but when i part throddle it turns off also the oil dip stick makes a noise but when i take out the dipstick it stops. any sugestions?

Last edited:
i thought i might have had a spark plug wire arching or maybe a small exaust leak around the manafold on the drivers side. but when i remove the oil dipstick from the dipstick tube the sound was gone. put it back and the sound is back.

Is it the correct dipstick for the car? Maybe its bent in such a way that it is hitting a part of the rotating assembly? Just a thought

ok but what about this. im braking in the car and it idles fine but when i part throttle the car stops. when it idles everything sounds good

Could be a Vacuum leak? It is such a pain to seal the intercooler tubes. I use light coats of copper RTV and let it sit overnight before starting. :D

when i give it gas the vac gauge goes crazy. it doesnt do what its supposed to do. at first the vac will drop when u give it gas then the vac will increase before the car starts to shutter and die

Last edited:
look at that last one again i edited it. i have another sc that runs the vac gauge works and the one im working on the vac gauge isnt doing what its supposed to.

Check engine light on ??
All the vacume hoses in place ?
All IC tubes sealed ??

Check all your hoses first.
All sensors are in working order, plugs and wires also good ??
It could be any number of things but if anybody is to help here you MUST be quite a bit more descriptive of the problem.

well the check engine light was on but that turned off. has checked all the wires and tubes. i was worried about the inter cooler tubes and its hard to get everything to line up and make sure its sealed so thats what ive been doing is taking that apart and putting it back together. how can i know that the inter cooler inlet and outlet tube are sealed at their joints. starter fluid?

Back