no leaks but still need help!!!!

nscmd2b

ok. so im breaking in the engine of my 91 sc. and at first i would start it and the check engine light came on and the only way i could keep the car runnin was to rev the engine up. i had a new battery in it but it needs to be charged so i took another good battery and put it in and after that the check engine light went off and the car would finally idle. and it idled smooth. the only thing was from idle when i would give it gas the car would die. now a few of you said to check out any and all leaks, hoses, tubes, ect and i did. there are no leaks and all the hoses, tubes, wires are good. but its still doing the same thing i get it to idle and when i give it gas the car shutters and dies but will start right back up.

having a spark problem then plugs start with but normally coil does that at different load pressures also dis or cam and crank sensor

i reset the gap on the crank sensor and it seems to have help but it still has an occasional shutter which may or may not cause it to die. the crank sensor in new. all the spark plugs are new as well but the coil is not new

I would open it up a little just a little like 2500 cause its still being broke in and see if its burning up all the gas its taking in or hook up volts meter find how many for each gear and make sure its hitting them just my opinion

Silly question, but is this engine built? Meaning upgraded injectors, heads, cam, ect? Or is it a stock replacement engine? Can you verify fuel pressure at the rail?

is your fuel filter new is your intake getting air throttle cable adjusted good tps getting power connectors on all that good dis good

Pull codes.. do a search on how to. If the check engine light came on and went off, there's still a trouble code set. If it idles smooth, but gags when you give it gas, I'd suspect a MAF issue, but thats just a guess. The codes may give you a clue.

What guide did you use to route the plug wires? I think if you referenced the Haynes manual, the wires might be mixed up. Probably not, but is a common rookie mistake. Just making sure you checked it all.

I like the firing order suggestion but like a vacuum leak more on this one. Unless you smoke test the engine you'll never know if you have a vacuum leak.

Back