changing spark plugs

wildguitou

Hello, I got my new spark plugs, coils, and wires. Usually changing spark plugs doesn't seem so difficult, how do you manage? My mecanic told me it might be easyer to get them from under the car...
I bought the haynes repair manual seems pretty easy on a normal V6 but they don't talk about the SC...

Thanks, Ok I'll try from underneath, and no I did not see the other threads about it, I did search but I only see them when I post my thread (when it is too late) sorry...:eek:
Well I hope it helps because my dream of having an SC is turning into a nightmare!

I agree with the drivers side from the bottom and the passenger side from the top, though I found only 1 or 2 needed to be done from the bottom on the drivers side. Basically what it boils down to is that its not hard, its simply unscrewing the old plugs and putting in new ones. However, saying its tedious would be an understatement :D

Just be sure to take your time and dont get frustrated. Well all have that horror story of the 1st time we did plugs on our cars, but from there on out every time will be much easier

The nightmare is not only to change the spark plugs, it is to register the car in France, get the parts here and this SC is full of bad surprises...I changed the left motor window, took me 10 days and 60 euros to get it, fixed it and same day the other side went dead...
But I still love it!

I added pictures, can you have a look and tell me if my seats are real SC's ones?

Thank you!:)

I always found it easier to unbolt the AC compressor to get to the plugs on the passenger side and remove the intercooler and intercooler tubes to get to the driver side. Doing this takes a little extra time up front, and unless you have the Teflon gaskets you will have to reseal everything with RTV and let that cure, but once those are out of the way, all of the plugs are easily seen and accessed from above, and at that point changing all the plugs shouldn't take more than an hour.

Also on the window motor, if it is making noise but just doesn't move the window up, that is an easy fix. Once the motor is out, remove the 3 torx screws that hold the plate around the gear, and out will come the gear, and a bunch of broken up plastic. Clean everything up, and find either some nuts or ball bearings that are the right size to fit in there, and put everything back together and it should never give you a problem again.

Hi! Thanks, I thought I would have to remove the compressor and the supercharger pipes, but if can avoid, I prefer not...
I will try for the motor windows, they seem to be forcing, I am sure they are better quality than my new chinese ones!:D (even my new motorcraft coil is made in china!!!)

wrong spark plugs?

Hi, me again, my supplier sent me motorcraft AGSF34FM, and I had autolite 2545 on the car, they look differents...which is the good one?

Usefull link, thanks!
If I understand well this is the new reference for the guenuine spark plugs.
Only 5 more to replace!:)

Once you have changed plugs on an sc, everything else is a piece of cake!!!

Except for motor mounts, heater core, wheel bearings/hubs, vacuum leaks, front shock mounts, ABS hyd. motor gasket replace, EEC replace, seat track replace, firewall crack repairs, water pump replace with pwr. steering bracket remove....pick your poison :)

lol at kmt... you are right. Like the rest of you i have done all those things too. i did most of mine while the engine was out, so those things dont seem as bad to me. All those jobs are equally bad with the motor in.

A bastard covered bastard with a bastard filling! lol

But with love and persistance and money (lots of money, but even more persistance) you can have a fun car!

Hi guys! It is working!!!! I had a loose spark plug... Still changed wires and spark plugs, hell of a job! Got flat hands now...
Bad luck continues, my birdie has been hielled...:(

Thanks for your precious help!

Back