bucking

ZOOMBUGGY3

whats up guys recently i did my water pump and left valve cover gasket after having a problem with the vavle cover the car finally got done i had removed the alternator and p/s pump bracket off and i let it hang. well when i went for a test drive and got it into boost it would start bucking so i adjusted the sc tubes thinking they were not seald right but the same problem. when i had the braket hanging it was putting alot of stress on the plug wires so im thinking now it might be the wires one of them might have broke insideor came of the plug. so i toke out my custom intake and cked the wires on right side seemed good put every thing back together started the car and started backing out of the drive noticed the ck engine light on then i remember i for got to plug in the mas air back in whats weird is that the car ran fine with the mass air unpluged whats up with that? could it be bad allso?well when im in boost the car spuders kind of bucking i suposed any one have any ideas.

I'd go with the assumption that one of the plug wires was damaged. If you have an extra set of wires, I' swap them out on that side at least, or maybe one at a time. As far as the IC tubes, did you reseal them with the teflon tape or a suitable sealant?
The prescribed way to test for IC tube leaks is with propane.

Hope this helps.

thanks for the reply i going to change the plug wires im trying to look for msd or accel or some other good brands if anyone has part numbers for any of those brands let me know. as far as saeling the intercooler tube ( i know u gues will laugh at this but it works ) i use wheel bearing graes just seal the tubes run the car to temp and the graes will harded allitle bit and yes it does seal them i have ck it with starting fluid. any ways the car ideals fine i dont have a probulom until i put a load on it.

You might not notice a problem with idling with the IC seals. The tubes are unique in that they operate at a vaccuum and pressurized under boost. A leak might not show up at idle.

And if you don't have the teflon and want a cheap solution, some have tried plain old duct tape for the flange seals.. I think it would probably work better than WB grease. :confused: You cut into long thin strips and place it around the IC tube seats. Some others use the copper RTV sealant. I've stuck with the teflon tape and have reused it multiple times just by being careful not to nick it when removing the tubes or the IC.

If the plug wires don't fix the problem, take another look at the tube seals.

Back