1.7L AR kit for sale....

XR7 Dave

For sale is a mostly complete AR kit - you just need to add the 1.7L AR and a little bit of effort and you'll be ready to go. This kit came off of Ira's 475rwhp engine. We are planning to build a new plenum that would accommodate the 95MM TB, and it seems to us that it would be better to just start over and not cut this kit up. So we are offering it for sale.

The fuel rail is modified to clear the AR but will need new fuel hoses installed. Your intake manifold will need some clearancing, but all the pieces are here. This is the kit just as it was removed from Ira's car after running for 9 years and many thousands of miles. It was all working when removed and could provide someone with a cheap and quick way to get into an AR.

Asking $800 shipped for everything you see here.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Ira's Blower Kit 2.JPG
    Ira's Blower Kit 2.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 1,058
  • Ira's Blower Kit 3.JPG
    Ira's Blower Kit 3.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 1,068
  • Ira's Blower Kit 4.JPG
    Ira's Blower Kit 4.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 980
  • Ira's Blower Kit 5.JPG
    Ira's Blower Kit 5.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 1,010
  • Ira's Blower Kit 6.JPG
    Ira's Blower Kit 6.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 989
How much are the supercharger units? Is the 1.7 still available?

The 1.7L is discontinued. It was used originally on the 2000 Cobra KB kit. So if you found one of those they would bolt right up, they even had the correct snout length.

I think a 1.6L Whipple could very easily be adapted to work and may bolt directly on. The flange bolt patterns are the same. Someone with a sense of adventure could attach a 2.3L Whipple to this kit also. That would require significant intake manifold modification (as in relocate the thermostat housing). Or if you had a Cobra R hood you could just raise the whole thing up an inch and bolt it on, no significant additional modifications required.

This isn't being offered as a bolt on kit, rather a set of parts that someone with a little bit of savvy could get themselves up and running with a twin screw in a weekend or so.

Ooo i knew ira was up to no good. He is so sneaky. So your workin on this does that mean chris' junk ia done and hea bein sneaky not tellin me!?

Ooo i knew ira was up to no good. He is so sneaky. So your workin on this does that mean chris' junk ia done and hea bein sneaky not tellin me!?

Never assume anything. :p There are some pics of stuff on facebook that might be interesting.....

Tempting but I'm waiting for a TVS option. I don't think I'm alone in hopes of a TVS blower retrofit happening in the near future and when it does I'll be all over it.:D

What was the reasoning for the side plates at the top adapter?

The kit did not utilize a snout brace, so those were used to attach the blower to the manifold. I can provide a snout brace as an alternative if someone wanted to go that way.

With a little fabrication and ingenuity this kit could be used on a 2.3L Whipple. :D:p

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Whipple Mock Up 3.JPG
    Whipple Mock Up 3.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 788
  • Whipple Mock Up 9.JPG
    Whipple Mock Up 9.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 703
With 18 lbs of boost versus 16 on the mpx I gained 90rwhp switching to a 1.7 Autorotor with a similar inlet to this one. I could probably crank the boost up and gain even more if I choose to sometime. Good luck with the sale, I really thought hard about buying this for the other car.

Chris

Last edited:
Come on DIY'er's. This type of sale isn't going to come up again. Some ingenuity and a little fabrication and you'll be set. I can provide a nose brace if you want to beef up the mounting components.

trade

Are you looking to trade anything for this kit? koni struts. I don't have a SC anymore but I know one day I will be back! This will give me something to look forward to.

Come on DIY'er's. This type of sale isn't going to come up again. Some ingenuity and a little fabrication and you'll be set. I can provide a nose brace if you want to beef up the mounting components.

I want a TVS kit when you have them ready.

Back