boost missing?

Tommy Turbo

So been having a boost issue on 94 auto. Usually it ran 12-12.5 on gauge. Car was down for a while 2-3 months, but got it back on the road. Now I'm seeing it struggle to hit 10. Checked the intercooler duct connections and vac lines, all seem fine, but still only got 10. Odd thing is last night I had no trouble getting it to hit 12-12.5, but today could only get 10 again. No codes. Any ideas? Looked into belt slipping or pulley, but pulley doesn't look worn and belt is fairly new. Car runs smooth and fine otherwise.

Check vacuum line going to the gauge itself. Also change plugs and wires and start from there

Plugs and wires are mileage wise not very old, maybe 6-7K. I will look at the line, I did fix it once because it popped apart (gauge stopped working at all), but that was a few years ago.

So been having a boost issue on 94 auto. Usually it ran 12-12.5 on gauge. Car was down for a while 2-3 months, but got it back on the road. Now I'm seeing it struggle to hit 10. Checked the intercooler duct connections and vac lines, all seem fine, but still only got 10. Odd thing is last night I had no trouble getting it to hit 12-12.5, but today could only get 10 again. No codes. Any ideas? Looked into belt slipping or pulley, but pulley doesn't look worn and belt is fairly new. Car runs smooth and fine otherwise.

When the outside temps get higher the air is thinner, and you will see a small reduction in boost. Cool more dense air at night or in the morning will always increase the boost.

David

Does the car physically feel slower? Or are you just going by what the gauge is telling you? David has a point in regards to ambient temperatures and boost

It doesn't feel noticeable, still feels pretty strong. I may not be the most accurate measurement tool however.

Took a look at vac lines, the rubber grommet that holds the vac line to the intake was split, so replaced the vac line. Shows more vac now, and will see how the boost reads on my next drive.

Back