The injectors locking rings / other questions?

Sampo

Hello for a long time!

I'm finally putting together my new SC engine. It has been stored about 3 years now...:eek:

About the injectors... Do I have to use those metal locking rings that hold injectors and the fuel line together? Or is it ok to run it w/o them? They are there because of max security, right?

The second question:

What engine oil should I run at the first start? How long I use this oil? When I change them again?

And how to do the first start? Let it idle 2000 rpm about 20 minutes?

Thanks!

-Sami from Finland

I don't think you absolutly need the injector clips just make sure the rail is bolted down tight.

Run whatever weight non synthetic oil you are going to run in it. Change out after 600 miles. then after 3000 mile you can go to synthetic if you want.

A flat tappet cam shaft would need to idle faster at first start but our cams being a roller lifter do not. The fuel rail as mentioned will be fine if bolted down tight. 15w40 oil is what I would run in it and change out at the first 500 miles and then again at your normal change intervals.

A flat tappet cam shaft would need to idle faster at first start but our cams being a roller lifter do not. The fuel rail as mentioned will be fine if bolted down tight. 15w40 oil is what I would run in it and change out at the first 500 miles and then again at your normal change intervals.

What he said, except use the clips. If you have 60lb injectors or bigger then if you don't use the clips you risk vacuum leaks due to slight dimensional differences between stock injectors and the Seimens narrow body versions.

Don't let a new engine idle any more than necessary. Get it out and start breaking it in right away (assuming your tune is close enough to run properly).

Ok guys, thanks for the answers.

Why I was asking about the injectors rings....welll, it seems to be very tight fit to put them there. But I quess I carefully have to try.

Ok guys, thanks for the answers.

Why I was asking about the injectors rings....welll, it seems to be very tight fit to put them there. But I quess I carefully have to try.

They install same as stock. If you are having trouble maybe you aren't doing it right.

A bit of WD-40 should help, I think.

The problem is the gap between the injector and the fuel line. There's too much space between them.

Is it possible that the Siemens injectors are deep in their holes? Should I pul them back a little?

The problem is the gap between the injector and the fuel line. There's too much space between them.

Is it possible that the Siemens injectors are deep in their holes? Should I pul them back a little?

You are trying to put it into the wrong groove.

If you can take a photo and upload here perhaps someone can help you figure it out if you still have trouble.

Yes, I'll try different way first, and if that doesn't work I'll take a pic and post it here.

I didin't manage to get the lock rings in place.

Here's the pic of the situation:

The injectors will move a little bit up but anyway, it is almost impossible to put them in the right place with two pair of hands.:eek:

Other questions:

I have these blue rubber valve cover gaskets. Do I have to use RTV silicone when istalling them? Or is it just fine w/o RTV?

Today I was installing BHJ balancer but wasn't sure which is the right mark for TDC? There's no numbers in balancer. Can someone show me a pic where I can see the right mark?

Last edited:
There are 3 grooves on the injectors I believe. And think you want the clip in the middle groove.

I wouldn't use RTV on the gasket but I've never used that style gasket cause I own 94-95 cars.

The balancer will only go on one way, but to set the cam sensor you have to measure out the 26* ATDC. There should be markings on the balancer on the BTDC side tho that you can use to measure for the ATDC.

The injectors will move a little bit up but anyway, it is almost impossible to put them in the right place with two pair of hands.:eek:

You are trying to put the locks in the wrong groove as I said before. When you put it in the right groove it all goes together extremely easily.

Like Dave said wrong groove on the injectors, you have the injector pushed too far into the rail. Pull it out a little bit and there is another groove. You do not need rtv with the valve cover gaskets. Just tighten them to spec. Do some reading and figure out top dead center of #1 cylinder on compression stroke. That should get you close to a longer timing mark on the Bhj balancer.

Btw, my guess is 69 cougar in the background of your picture. Is that right?

Chris

Last edited:
I didin't manage to get the lock rings in place.
The right injectors (60lb) should more than one groove.

I'm not sure the M000200 is the right injector?

Your new injectors appear to only have one groove for the clip?

Attachments

• Injector60#M000200.jpg
    Injector60#M000200.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Back