Saleen Shift Knob Compatibility ?

I believe the threaded part on our shifters is 8x1.25mm. I would ask te seller to check what thread size because I don't know what size the Saleen knob is.

I haven't pulled a shift knob off a 2010 Mustang to know for sure, but I know the threads are the same for the SC as for all the fox body and SN95 mustangs, so if it will fit a 79-04 Mustang, it will fit the SC.

Ours is 12x1.25. Not 8x1.25. My bad. I was reading on the Saleen shift knobs and there are 3 set screws you use instead of screwing it on.

I haven't pulled a shift knob off a 2010 Mustang to know for sure, but I know the threads are the same for the SC as for all the fox body and SN95 mustangs, so if it will fit a 79-04 Mustang, it will fit the SC.

This was there reply so I guess it will work...

No thread, attaches with a set screw. hole size is 9/16"

One last question, I was looking at the gear shifter and was wondering how the shifter leather boot was secured to the shifter. How will I know if it will fit the saleen one.

Ours just sits below the shift knob, I was reaing somewhere that some Saleen shift knobs had a little groove formed in to the bottom to allow for the leather boot to slide up and onto the knob. I'm not sure if our boots will do this.

Ours just sits below the shift knob, I was reaing somewhere that some Saleen shift knobs had a little groove formed in to the bottom to allow for the leather boot to slide up and onto the knob. I'm not sure if our boots will do this.

I attached a photo of the bottom of the shifter...

Attachments

• shifter.jpg
    shifter.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 238
If you are using the SC shift rod that attaches to the shifter it flares out quite a bit and the boot is sandwiched between that flare and the OEM shift knob. There's a possibility that you could get the Saleen pushed down far enough to sandwich the boot between the handle and flared part.

Ok, so I finally ordered my shifter and received it today from GT racing. Very good customer service and instant shipping. The knob is pricey at $125 but worth every penny when comparing to the junk stuff made today. It is not threaded and fits loosely over the existing stub. Because the shifter is alot taller than the factory ball it kind of sits alot higher. I cant decide if I like it higher or not. I am hoping when I add the ripper shifter kit it will lower the shift knob height. The shifter itself is alot more comfortable and really fits my hand well.

Pics will soon follow.

Ok, so I finally ordered my shifter and received it today from GT racing. Very good customer service and instant shipping. The knob is pricey at $125 but worth every penny when comparing to the junk stuff made today. It is not threaded and fits loosely over the existing stub. Because the shifter is alot taller than the factory ball it kind of sits alot higher. I cant decide if I like it higher or not. I am hoping when I add the ripper shifter kit it will lower the shift knob height. The shifter itself is alot more comfortable and really fits my hand well.

Pics will soon follow.

I didn't notice any diffrence in the height of the shifter going from stock to the B&M.

I didn't notice any diffrence in the height of the shifter going from stock to the B&M.

I always thought a "short Throw Shifter" was more compact as well as having less of a throw. Next time I take out the center console I am going to see if I can modify the post.

The B&M puts the shifter at the exact same height as stock. The shorter throw is accomplished by changing the pivot point inside the shifter mechanism.

B&M Does not send a new lever with the shifter. the factory levver is reused. when i installed mine it sat the same, maybe a tiny bit higher. i have a hurst t-handle on mine. im going to change it to just a 5speed cue ball. i would be concerned that set screws would loosen up with---shall we say robust shifting. the B&M is better than the old wore out factory unit.

I always thought a "short Throw Shifter" was more compact as well as having less of a throw. Next time I take out the center console I am going to see if I can modify the post.

There's not much you can do with it really. There's not a lot of space to re-drill the mount holes.

20130603_152718_zpsfb10268a.jpg

Thanks for the photo of the linkage. I would love to somehow take an inch off it. My buddy works at a machine shop. I will consult with him on his thoughts.

Here are some crappy photos

I also have to figure out how to widen the top of the shift boot so it can slide over the bottom of the saleen knob.

Back