Looking for driver side manual seat track

Steve Meyers

I just replaced the carpet in my 94 birdie......decided it was time for the stock seats to go, so I picked up some nice leather seats. I went to the junk yard and was able to find a passenger side manual seat track that looks like it will work with the new seats. I can't seem to find a manual seat track for the driver side.....does anyone know of seat tracks from other cars that will work?

Steve

Just use a passenger I did it on my gt and it works fine bolts right up! I never have seen a manual driver seat in the 96/98 stangs idk if birds are the same way but the passenger track should bolt right up

The passenger side tbird track will not work on the driver's side. They did make the non-SCs with manual driver's seat tracks, but they are pretty rare and hard to find. Check over on TCCoA, maybe someone over there will have one for sale.

The passenger side tbird track will not work on the driver's side. They did make the non-SCs with manual driver's seat tracks, but they are pretty rare and hard to find. Check over on TCCoA, maybe someone over there will have one for sale.

Unfortunately, I found out the hard way......I bought 2 manual ones the other day at the junk yard thinking it might work but it doesn't...
Yeah ill have to check tccoa, that site won't let me post threads or reply to other people's threads...?

I might end up running a manual passenger seat track and then for the driver side ill use the stock electric track just so I can fully adjust the driver seat. (It would really suck to go down the 1/4 mile with my head tilted, because the seat is mounted too high)

Thanks for the reply's guys, I appreciate it.

Steve

Weird... I wonder what they were thinking making them different? Most vehicles the track will swap side to side the handle just pulls assbackwords

Just to torture you. I had to ship mine from a junk yard near the Mexican border.

I also have a spare that I bought for the anniversary. In a box.

The manual tracks are not comfortable but are a good way of reducing weight.

They are low and are too horizontal. Allowing you to slide about. I have thought about shimming the front two cushion mounting points. But never got around..

They are rare. Passenger side is more common.

Back