91 tbird window regulator problems

turshin

Hello everyone. I have a 91 tbird sport. One day I let my Window down and it wouldn't come back up. So I did a search and tried to remove the regulator on the driver side. After taking the panel and the 3 bolts off the thing wouldn't budge. Are there other screws or bolts I need to take off. From what I've read it is supposed to just come out after taking off the 3 bolts. As I said before this thing wont budge and my window is I the fully down position so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hello everyone. I have a 91 tbird sport. One day I let my Window down and it wouldn't come back up. So I did a search and tried to remove the regulator on the driver side. After taking the panel and the 3 bolts off the thing wouldn't budge. Are there other screws or bolts I need to take off. From what I've read it is supposed to just come out after taking off the 3 bolts. As I said before this thing wont budge and my window is I the fully down position so any input would be greatly appreciated.

The motor will come off with 3 bolts, but I believe that the regulator is riveted to the inner door skin.

Before you disconnect the regulator, there are three other things to check.

- Did you ever hear the motor running with the window not moving? If so, that is due to bad gear plugs (a safety feature in case someone gets stuck in the window).

- Are the tracks at front and back of the door in place?

- Is the window still securely glued into the clips on the regulator?

Also, now that I think about it, I think the regulator is spring-loaded somehow. You may need to push the window up or down a bit as you pull the motor out.

The motor isnt doing anything or making any noises. Power is getting to the switch because the voltmeter is mobing every time I push it.

Did you try to remove just the motor? Is the window aligned in the channels? Nothing making it hang up there?

Might be the motor just needs the plastic plugs replaced, unless the center pivot has loosened and is moving side-to-side, in which case I'd look for another motor and using fresh plugs and grease in it.

the motor wont budge I think something is not aligned correctly. When the window was working it wouldn't let all the way up in the corner. I would have to let it up and down in short spurts to get it to go all the way up. Still at work making jeeps lol gonna check on it when I get home.

Hey everyone. Got the window back up. Found out there was nothing wrng with the regulator or the motor. Somehow when I let the window all the way down it jammed the motor. Thats why even after taking the the three bolts out the motor wouldn't budge. We ended having to take a crow bar to it and then it finally fell to the bottom of the door. Pulled the window up , reinstalled the motor, now everthing works fine.

Back