Fuel pressure regulator?

sc91gt

Ok, I have searched but no answers. I am getting ready to install 94/95 sc, mp inlet, 55lb injectors, 255lph pump, double IC, and i was thinking it would be good to do an adjustable fpr. From my research my 90 sc should have a 3 hole mount style. What I would like to know is, is it the same afpr as the 89-93 mustangs? Cause I have one of those. From what I've searched, they look to be the same...

Ok, I have searched but no answers. I am getting ready to install 94/95 sc, mp inlet, 55lb injectors, 255lph pump, double IC, and i was thinking it would be good to do an adjustable fpr. From my research my 90 sc should have a 3 hole mount style. What I would like to know is, is it the same afpr as the 89-93 mustangs? Cause I have one of those. From what I've searched, they look to be the same...

I would just leave it alone. I ran over 400 rwhp with he stock fpr.

Ken

I would just leave it alone. I ran over 400 rwhp with he stock fpr.

Ken

Same here. Stock FPR can move plenty of fuel. If you want the adjustable for tuning (most people tune the computer, not the fuel regulator) I do believe the 2 hole and 3 hole are the same as the Kirban mustang parts.

Yes, the regulator on a 90 SC is the same as a 89-93 Mustang 5.0. The only adjustable regulator I would recommend is one of the newer billet units made by Kirban.

David

Thanks

Ok. I was just thinking that the motor only has about 70k but I doubt the fpr was changed, so it has 170k I am guessing. So I thought it might not be a bad Idea to replace while apart. The kirban I have on my supercharged 91 mustang has helped me tune a bit with bigger injectors, but no chip. I will be having my QH chip reflashed on the dyno when the bird is done though...

The fuel pressure regulator is such a simple part and the Ford OEM one is so good that age seems to have little impact unless the car is parked for some extended period. For these cars, the Fuel Pressure Regulator is not a maintenance item. You simply replace it when it fails.

So many SC owners have gotten bit too many times and at too great of cost to tune by the seat of our pants anymore. For under $1000 you can now tune your car precisely without all the guessing that was done in the past. So that's what most do now. That doesn't mean tuning by the seat of your pants doesn't work. The value just isn't there for most people to take the risks.

tune

I am definitely having it dyno tuned, qh chipreflashed, after these mods. Just thought a afpr would help in tuning.

Back