radio thing in dash

AsScLoWn

I slapped on some 91 radio connectors on an 89-90 non premium(no amps) wiring harness, now all the stations seem to be playing the same thing, a loud buzz of some sort. So who wants to say what wire goes where to the radio:confused:

If you can wait till Wednesday evening, I can look it up when I'm at the library. They have the Chilton's 83-92 book which has a complete set of wiring diagrams and I thumb through it every time I'm there to see what I can learn. :cool:

thanks but I have that manual:), those clowns only listed the 91 up diagram since it lists cruise control as having a seperate controller:eek: . The haynes dont have it either.

I wonder how long I can go just listening to my ported blower and straight pipes with resonators:(

thanks for offerning though:)

Might be a bad ground for the radio, or even a bad radio. If you can, grab another radio to check with. Also, what kind of buzzing is it.

Let me hunt for my EVTM. If you have the 91 wiring diagrams then I have the 90 diagrams surely we can figure this out.

ok thanks, its not the radio because i tried 3 of them, and they all worked before. I checked all the other cars around also, they all had the JBL amps...just my luck:rolleyes:. The Mitchell books had everything except for anything to do with the radio:rolleyes:

What I need is the colors going into the connectors, I know I have maybe 1 or just 2 wires mixed up:(

yup I have TONS of 91-93 information, just nothing for the years before.

I just remembered I have an EVTM for a Turbo-Coupe, I'll post back soon if I can find the thing and figure it out from that, if not I'm still lost:D

the 88 EVTM manual doesnt have pin locations and the electrical diagrams for the 88s cars has some extra wires listed but it doesnt say where they go, unless they used the case as a ground. So I came up with nothing:D

Last edited:
Does the radio tune in the stations? I mean does it display the numbers? If not then your memory fuse is blown. The wire codes did not change.

the fuses are fine, on one deck(older style) theres no sound, just a pop when you turn it on(bad capacitors), and on the other newer two the backlight lights up and it sounds like its doesnt have an antenna hooked up, just static/buzz. They worked before, and one was pulled out of this car.:confused:

Back