Truth about overdriven blowers ?!

blksc

Heres the question: Assuming that the overdrive pulleys were designed for earlier blowers and that 94SC blowers are more efficient than the oldies: how much much of an overdrive is a '5%' pulley bolted to a 94 style blower gonna create ?

I believe it's roughly 7% but I'm not positive on the exact number. I was under the impression that an 89-93 pulley was approx 2-3% OD on the 94/95

oh ?

I heard that the pulley is about 8% on the 94SC. but i have the ESM pulley which is way lighter than the steel, so i wonder if its closer to 10% due to the lower spinning weight.

Basically I gave up trying to figure what percent and just use the drive ratios for each pulley set. They are as follows:

2.59785:1 for 94-95’
2.71515:1 for 89-93’
2.899725:1 for 5%
3.034275:1 for 10%

Boost= 25.58 X 90 (blower displacement) X Blower RPM / CID (232) – 14.7

Jeff

Do the math that is why I put the formula there. It will show about how much the boost will increase with each blower pulley change. All ratios are final drive taking into account ALL pulley drive ratios, with the only change being the blower pulley.

Jeff

Pulley weight has nothing to do with drive ratio.

Multiply engine RPM by the blower drive ratio to get blower RPM. Max safe blower RPM is 14K on a stock blower.

Jeff

Back