Warranties with FORD

cudaz101

I bought a 94SC that already had an engine Removed and replaced with a new one on "5-21-01". The engine had 820mi. on it when I bought it sometime in MAY 2002 this year. Now it has less than 10K on it and I think I have a bad wrist pin, that went from bad to ugly on me. The car is parked at a gas station as I am trying to figure out if I have any warranty on the work that was done in 2001.

I have read that FORD warranty work is covered for 12 months - 12K miles...I can read that and understand it to my benafit as well as against. Since it has passed the time span but not the mileage, and it is pretty close anyway...Does anyone know if I have even the slightest chance of getting this covered by FORD? If so what do I do and who do I call if I have a problem getting it covered? I am trying to get this taken care of today, so a promt reply would be great on this one....

Thanks

I would say that if you were the original owner, or at least the owner of the vehicle when the repair work was done, you may have more of a chance. Try calling Ford's national customer relations #, they may be to give you a better idea. From what I know of Ford policies, you probably won't get too far unfortunately.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Holy SH!T...

Called my local ford dealer, the service manager cat whatever asked me the part number that was used on my origional invoice for the new engine that they installed...Well turns out that my engine and ones like it are covered at 2 years or 20K miles, so I am in there like swimwear this time...He said that some of them were holding the 12month or 12K miles whichever comes first, and some were covered as described above...

I will update this if I learn more about the coverage...

Looks like I may be saved this time...

Thanks for the support Fast Ed....

Back