engine numbers

wildguitou

Hi! My babybird is now running well, with windows working...
I need to show the car to some french authority, they will check the vin which is easy to find, but also the engine numbers stamped on the block, does anyone knows where it is?

Those #'s contain date code and part # information but no VIN information, and not all valve covers had the stickers to begin with.

The block does not have any stampings at all on it. It has a part # cast into the driver side water jacket, but while they can be used to identify the block as an SC block, they do not identify the motor to any specific SC or even a particular year of SC.

The Haynes Repair Manual says there is numbers stamped on the block, but they don't say where...
Thanks for the taurus link...but doesn't seem to be stickers anymore on my engine...
Bad start for the homologation:(

No problem for the vin number, it does not need to be identifying the engine as an SC, I have an engine number on the registration documents so the french authority will check it is matching...
This engine number (on U.K. Registration certificate) is 00FRDPL92851051
I'll try the water jacket, as soon as I know what it is, thank you very much! :)

Back