Help ID electrical connectors

jclars

I know some of you will recognize these on sight, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated. They were generally located on the RH side under the dash or in the kick panel.

If you are more used to reading the EVTM than I am, perhaps you can assist in identifying these by the book. I am having difficulty confirming their function.

My truck is running great without them, and I believe I have all the optional items I want, so I would like to trim all my spare wires back. I have unwrapped most of them and realize that some may actually be in series with other connectors. Thus I would need to know which ones need to be left alone.

The relay in the third pic I just want to ID to know what it does. Not intending to eliminate it.

Thanks,
John L.

Attachments

• Tagged as unused.jpg
    Tagged as unused.jpg
    402.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Tagged as radio.jpg
    Tagged as radio.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Relay of some sort.jpg
    Relay of some sort.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCN7842.jpg
    DSCN7842.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCN7841.jpg
    DSCN7841.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 66
So not too busy at work today, and brought my EVMT to reference, as I really want it tidied up before my winter tear down.

Found the long black connector (pic 5) radio related: per page 198 is a shielded output cable, either CD or Amp, both of which were bypassed for a modern radio/DVD receiver.

Also, upper connector in pic 4 appears to go to the blower resistor. Is that part of the heater cabinet? I was hoping to use the heater, but it's too big for the truck cab. But would it be a useful plug for the future?

I have the chime module functioning, so I don't think that box is part of that, unless there was more than one.

Thanks,
John L.

If it were me, I'd mark them as future, tuck them all away, and wait until much later, as the project matures and later ideas gel :)

Who knows what you may need later...

I hear what you are saying, but would rather terminate these further upstream, so I don't have wires dangling everywhere. The F100 wiper assembly is liable to get tangled in them! Plus, I cant install my glove box for all the wires.

In fact, what you see in my pics is just the start!!

I have ID'd upper terminal in #4 as going to the blower switch, page 215.

I am finding it easier to ID these by picture, rather than sitting on the floor of my truck with manual in hand.

Still wondering about that yellow terminal (pic 1), the grey terminal (pic 2) and the black box.

Here are some ideas for you:

- Wiper interval governor box

- Headlamp autodim amplifier / relay

- Heater control head unit

Scanning the pages for 'Connector Fasces/Pinout Charts in my EVTM says...

Pic #1: Not sure...maybe keyless entry module (150-20)

Pic #2: A/C heater function selector switch (150-1)

Pic #3: autolamp dual core relay (150-7)

great - grey terminal in Pic 2 is confirmed as AC-Heater terminal.

I need a better view of the wire colors for confirming the black box as the autolamp relay.

great - grey terminal in Pic 2 is confirmed as AC-Heater terminal.

I need a better view of the wire colors for confirming the black box as the autolamp relay.

The shape and one wire is all I needed...

Wow. End of the work day, and most are identified! We would still be waiting for the weekend in order to dive back into this "back in the day", instead of collaborating online to have it ready for this evenings work!

Can I take the Auto Lamp/Dimmer wires all the way back to the Hi-Lo Beam relay and remove at that point? Where is the relay located?

By the way KMT, stupid question, but what are your numbers referring to, such as in 150-7 ??

Thanks,
John L.

Those are reference section/page numbers found with the connector charts in the EVTM.

The headlamps are fed and cared for by:
  • multifunction switch on steering column
  • headlight pull switch in dash (contains relay)
  • auto on/key off delay rotary switches on dash (optional)
  • dimming sensor at the rear view mirror (optional, but wires are usually in the main loom). Cavity 12, fuse block under dash (also services DRL/Canada ) - along with a long list of other accessories, etc.
  • daylight eye in dash for auto on (optional - harness and eye are not present by default).
  • 'D' 60A fusible link in PCB

My parts car had the rotary dials for auto light functions. Where is the "eye" located. Would like this function if I can make it work. Have not located the terminal end for the dial/switch yet however. Is that all that is needed to make it work?

I was able to successfully ID everything above except that yellow connector in the first pic, and the small three wire plug-in in the middle of the last pic.

Colors on the yellow plug as best I could determine:

Y/LG R/LB R/Y BK/W W/LB T/O LB
Y/R-W/T-Y/BK O/W R/Y R/W Y/BK P/O P/PK
(twisted together)

Thanks,
John

In the SC, that eye/sensor sits inside the top of the dash, facing up, in the lowest part between the lower edge of the glass and the top edge of the cluster bezel, just right of steering wheel ctr.

I sourced one of these for someone here once, and it was a major effort (dash in car) to get to it and remove it intact :)

I think that person just added the twin-rotary switches and the eye and they were good to go.

Attachments

• SC_hdlight_eye.jpg
    SC_hdlight_eye.jpg
    377.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Yellow connector has tail light connections and connections to the transmission. That rectangular box connector is for the stereo speaker wires. I can get more info later if you want. I am not going to open my manuals right now.

I believe there is a yellowish connector toward the rear that I tapped into, as I have full tail lights using the stock switch. Even so, I don't think the wire colors would be a match for the tail lights.

The closest I have come is for the instrument cluster, where I am missing some of the minor warning lights. I haven't had a chance to look behind the instrument panel yet. Maybe half the colors match that circuit, and the wires tend to be hard to tell between colors in poor light.

Yellow Mystery tour

I found the female connector in my pile of wires that I pulled from the rear of the bird. It primarily leads to the Ride Control computer and the ABS control which TCCoA members pointed me towards. Some related leads go to the instrument cluster for various warning lights and othes head for the shock solenoids.

Only one puzzle - somehow the T/O conductor is wrapped into the same harness for what appears to be the fog light switch. It also goes through the yellow connector, but I think I can figure out the fog lights when I get to it.

Someone on the TCCoA identified the yellow connector as C217, but I could not locate it in my 1989 EVTM.

Anyway, it appears to be safe to remove it.

Thanks for the help gang!

Attachments

• Anti-Lock Ride Control circuits.jpg
    Anti-Lock Ride Control circuits.jpg
    406.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Back