update on the saga of my 97 mustang

stangerbanger

Hey y'all figure I would stop by to let y'all know how the car is going.

I went turbo last season and car made 308 through a 4r70w and a loose converter.

After spinning a rod bearing I went back with a 4.3 @ 8.5 compression. Also went split port having the heads worked over and with a 97 Windstar upper and kept my 75mm tb.

Just a FYI; the fuel rail for a 01windstar is a direct swap for a split port swap, no mods required

I got the car fired this week and waiting on the tune now

John

Made it to the dyno with mixed results today, made a half pull at 14lbs to 4k rpm and it made 337 and it blew a coupler off of the throttle body revealing a damaged throttle body to end the day but the tuner expects 400 on pump gas so I'll update when we get there

Made it to the dyno with mixed results today, made a half pull at 14lbs to 4k rpm and it made 337 and it blew a coupler off of the throttle body revealing a damaged throttle body to end the day but the tuner expects 400 on pump gas so I'll update when we get there

I would have thought you would be closer to 400 hp. Corey made 500 on an almost stock SC engine. What size turbo and engine specs do you have?

Ken

I would have thought you would be closer to 400 hp. Corey made 500 on an almost stock SC engine. What size turbo and engine specs do you have?

Ken
The pull was only to about 4k rpm on the first pull. This was 10.7 a/f. Like I said half a pull.

4.3 h beam rods forged 8.5 slugs. Ported split port heads eindstar intake 60lb injectors

60mm .63 at garret turbo

Sounds very strong! If it made 337 hp at 4,000, it should make a good amount at 6,000!

Look forward to results and pics.

Got back from the dyno today and I am happy with the results.

the street tune is 16lbs at 360 and the race tune ( 50/50 mix of 93 and 110 octane fuel) peaked at 19.4lbs and made 400.7 hp and 540 ft-lbs :eek:

I am tickled with making my goal of 400 and if I decide to push the car more, I would need a different converter as the set up for s/c and nitrous isn't exactly what I need for a turbo. but overall I am impressed as was the tuner.

John

Got back from the dyno today and I am happy with the results.

the street tune is 16lbs at 360 and the race tune ( 50/50 mix of 93 and 110 octane fuel) peaked at 19.4lbs and made 400.7 hp and 540 ft-lbs :eek:

I am tickled with making my goal of 400 and if I decide to push the car more, I would need a different converter as the set up for s/c and nitrous isn't exactly what I need for a turbo. but overall I am impressed as was the tuner.

John

Congrats on making your goal. Was the converter locked or not on the dyno? If the converter was in fact locked something is way off. What cam is in it?

thanks, jt03, 218 224 .520 lift 112lsa. I don't know about the converter.

Keith, yeah I am trying to go to hertford Friday.

the power is impressive, the torque is f'n insane!!!

I forgot that your running my old cam............:D

After shaking it down at Hertford you need to head to the big boys track at VMP........;)

Maybe now you can give Jennifer a couple of paybacks................:eek:

If you have access to the chart I'd like to see it. Also good luck on Friday! Post your results.

Just got back from the local 1/8 mile and the final run was a 7.40 @97mph

i am tickled the car ran great and ran like a raped ape.

my best 60' was a 1.73 on that last run

now, the car needs a cage lol

Back