wire tuck on Micahdogg 89?

anyone??

this is what im wondering where did he tuck all the wires??

garage_vehicle-92-13717441481.jpg

It the same concept on any vehicle...hide wires. Most of the "visually missing" wiring can be found in the front fenderwells.

It the same concept on any vehicle...hide wires. Most of the "visually missing" wiring can be found in the front fenderwells.

im new to this... so all the wires go down under the inner fenders rather then the way they were.. just seems really clean :rolleyes:

im new to this... so all the wires go down under the inner fenders rather then the way they were.. just seems really clean :rolleyes:

Yes, wires that need to travel to the front of the vehicle (horn, headlights, 92+ washer reservoir, fan, etc.), the fuse box, CCRM, etc. all get tucked out of sight. That in and of itself is the entire concept behind a "wire tuck".

Some of the things that were moved don't work anymore. I don't have any AC, so a few harnesses go nowhere. I don't use the coolant reservoir sensor anymore and I don't have wipers, so no harnesses for the pump or indicator. The MAF and wiring is in the fenderwell, the solenoid and fusebox were all moved down low or in front of the battery. What helps make it so clean are the two sheetmetal trays that I built for each side and painted to match, which further hide some wire harnesses on each side of the engine bay.

Oh and in back, some of the vacuum lines are gone, some stuff got tucked away, but I didn't really focus back there. That rats next of coolant lines running all over the engine bay (for the oil cooler) got ripped out since I don't use an oil cooler anymore.

The harnesses that are there mostly got re-wrapped so they at least look pretty. :)

Some of the things that were moved don't work anymore. I don't have any AC, so a few harnesses go nowhere. I don't use the coolant reservoir sensor anymore and I don't have wipers, so no harnesses for the pump or indicator. The MAF and wiring is in the fenderwell, the solenoid and fusebox were all moved down low or in front of the battery. What helps make it so clean are the two sheetmetal trays that I built for each side and painted to match, which further hide some wire harnesses on each side of the engine bay.

Oh and in back, some of the vacuum lines are gone, some stuff got tucked away, but I didn't really focus back there. That rats next of coolant lines running all over the engine bay (for the oil cooler) got ripped out since I don't use an oil cooler anymore.

The harnesses that are there mostly got re-wrapped so they at least look pretty. :)

thanks for filling me in i didn't notice the sheet metal.. that does make a big difference once you pointed that out... did you have to extend any wiring? or was it all rerouting and hiding?:eek:

im liking the look so much this may become a winter project this year! my car dont have a/c don't have the washer or over flow bottle installed(just never did it) and its only got the one cowl piece with the wiper motor and one wiper on it.. just incase you get caught in rain.

Last edited:
Didn't have to extend any wires. The starter solenoid was long enough to remount down by the frame. The fuse box just pivoted around and sits in front of the battery now. And I've been using rain-x since 1998.

Works better when raining hard or going fast than 30 mph. Not good at all if it is drizzling and you are stuck in traffic.

I hear ya on that Kurt! Wondering if I should put my wiper motor back in...rained hard on the way down to the Shootout last year!

Back