Running issuse

Ifrit

Hey guys just had my 95 let me down for the first time. Looking for some help since the guy I normaly talk to is bizzy. Work was running fine when i parked it two days ago but now when I went to start it for work it wont run/idle. First thing i noticed was when the key is in accesory the fans instanly come on running full. Whn i turn it over it trys to idle but cant hold it. If i feather the gas and hold it at 1000rpm it sound very rough and the car shakes. The check engine light is on when i try to get t to idle but as of right now i have no way to pull codes. Any help would be great.

Fan running at key on is very important.

The fans fail safe, meaning the EEC holds the fan turned off. If it can't do that, the fan will run at key on.

So the problem should be either a bad ground for the EEC or a problem in the wiring or in the EEC itself.

The first thing I would check is the ground wire that hooks to the radiator support and the negative battery cable.

Ok it will take a look at the grounds, all tho i do not think they are in stock places any more. Also do you know if I can pull codes useing quarterhorse?

Ok it will take a look at the grounds, all tho i do not think they are in stock places any more. Also do you know if I can pull codes useing quarterhorse?

I don't think the QH can get the codes, unfortunately.

So it seems to be working for now, i cleaned my one ground that runs from the block to the frame, i also checked to make sure my qh was fully connected to my ecc and that the ecc was not pulling on the wires. I still have it sitting on the floor of my car. It seems weird that these 2 little thing could have been could cause the problem i was having cosidering that fact it was fine befor.

Last edited:
Back