brake conversion help

90scmn12

So I'm converting my brakes to non abs and there is a third line that runs from the abs master into the firewall its in the way what does is it do and do I need it or can I cut it out

It lets your right front wheel stop too.

One line for the rear brakes, two for the fronts.

So I have to run a new line to the rf wheel from a proportioning valve?

Not if you want safety.

Did you read the conversion thread?

For the Crown Vic master cylinder, you have to also procure the CV splitter (which is just a splitter!) to drive both front brake lines.

RwP

Splitter

On the new crown vic master I bought had enough ports to just plug the existing brake lines in. The LF and RF lines into the L&R front ports on the master and the rear line into a JY proportioning valve cause they dont come on new master cylinders. No CV splitter needed. Brakes work awesome even still needing another bleeding. Hey that rhymes. :)
IMG_20130608_094026_997_zps591a46bb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
I plumbed it all together put a splitter right next to the master and ran one line to the master the oem master i got from a 90 vic only has two ports so you have to tee the two fronts together except now it won't bleed I just keep getting bubbles to the back lines I'm using a hand bleeder I pumped it up and don't see any leaks I just don't get it

Is the "JY" porportioning valve the black fitting mounted directly to the master cyl in your pic? If so where did you get it? My local Federate store said they cannot get them due to "liability"? Autozone gave me a deer in headlites look when I asked. Funny they can sell you the master but not the valve because of the lawers.
Thanks
Adam

Is the "JY" porportioning valve the black fitting mounted directly to the master cyl in your pic? If so where did you get it? My local Federate store said they cannot get them due to "liability"? Autozone gave me a deer in headlites look when I asked. Funny they can sell you the master but not the valve because of the lawers.
Thanks
Adam

"JY" = "Junk Yard".

If you do that, be sure to bypass the proportioning valve down on the frame rail (the one the ABS "Oh~~~~" switch is screwed into).

RwP

90scmn12 do you mean a vacume bleeder? if so it is very possible that you are pulling air around the bleeder screw threads, especially if the bubbles are very tiny. you may try removing the bleeder screws and wrapping them in teflon tape, then reinstal them. the next option would be to get a third foot and bleed with a helper, or lastly make a bleeder bottle from oh lets say an old brake fluid bottle or a canning jar by taking the lid of the container poke a hole in it. then insert a length of tubing with enough brake fluid in the container to submerge the end of the tubing. hook up to the bleeder screw and pump away. (maybe ten strokes then check the master cylinder level) hope this helps.

brakes...

It wasn't black to begin with. It was kind of rusty from the junk yard so I sanded and painted it black.

I did not bypass the frame mounted proportioning valve and the brakes seem to work good. Pedal softens up a bit when held which I think needs another bleeding. Why does that need to be bypassed?
"JY" = "Junk Yard".

If you do that, be sure to bypass the proportioning valve down on the frame rail (the one the ABS "Oh~~~~" switch is screwed into).

RwP

Back