PDA

View Full Version : Shootout Registration is now OPEN !

SCrazy
08-27-2013, 03:14 PM
Shootout Registration is now open (09-05-13).

http://www.sc-shootout.com/EventInfo.php

A couple of things are different this year about the Shootout. The biggest thing is that the Shootout is now an event that is not only heavily sponsored by the SCCoA but is also an official event run by the club. In years past the Shootout was independent. There were two benefits to this: first is we now have access to the clubs computer servers to host the Shootout website and registration systems, second and most important is that we will now be offering Shootout registration discounts to SCCoA members. The other change that you will notice is an incremental increase in fees for non-members over last year. The increase is associated with rising costs to run the event, as always we are closely budgeting the event and soliciting sponsors to keep costs as reasonable as possible for everyone.

SCCoA member prices will remain the same as they were last year, non-member prices are increased by $20. If you are not a current SCCoA member you can join the club for $15 then immediately receive your $20 Shootout discount….not a bad deal.

Full Registration - Racer (Non-Member) $160.00
Full Registration - Racer (Member) $140.00
Companion Pass (Meals & Spectator entry to Car show & Track) $45.00
Car Show Entry (Meals & Shirt) (Non-Mem) $110.00
Car Show Entry (Meals & Shirt) (Member) $90.00
Extra Shirt $20.00
Dyno $55.00

Please post any questions you have about the registration process in this thread.

1 Brian Oatway +3
2 David Neibert +1
3 David Clark
4 Mike Tuck
5 Chris Wise +2
6 Kurt Kreisz +1
7 Matt Haub +1
8 Michael Inch
9 Ira Robinson
10 Kevin McMahan
11 Chris Vining
12 Jim Sanderson
13 Philip Dalke +1
14 Ryan Zimmerly +1
15 Michael Tsosie +1
16 Zachary Lowe
17 Michael Bennett
18 Duane Nettles +2
19 Rodney Bushong
20 Joe Kerns
21 Jacob Royer
22 Alan Stewart
23 Christopher Gates
24 Ken Wagner +1
25 Robert Steffen
26 Jeff Bratton +1
27 James Smith +1
28 Glenn Huber
29 John Peters
30 Randy Hunerkoch
31 Will Smith
32 Brian Dotlich +1
33 Benjamin Goering +1
34 Dan Thornsberry +1
35 Victor Malvar
36 Melissa Butler +1
37 Mike Puckett
38 Bill Evanoff
39 Micah Miller +1
40 Kurt Sunday +1
41 Tony Serno
42 Scott Bruhn +2
43 Sally Arnold +1

Updated 9/30 1:30pm

David Neibert
09-06-2013, 08:34 AM
I'm registered. See you guys next month.

David

Wzenheimer
09-06-2013, 09:24 AM
Registered!

Kurt K
09-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Registered

bumpskier45
09-06-2013, 01:04 PM
Registered! Now I finally get to see how fast she is.

TSC89
09-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Registered. See everyone there.

jjklongisland
09-10-2013, 08:23 PM
I have a question. I am considering making the trek to Kentucky for two reasons, 1 because I would like to actually meet some of the members of the forums and gain some more knowledge of my newly acquired supercoupe and the second thing is because I have always wanted to go to kentucky. Now the first issue is I am in no way going to able to race my car and the other is she is not show worthy yet so I would be embarrassed in entering her in a formal show. What are your thoughts... If I am not "officially" entering the car in a judged competition do I still need to pay the $90 car show entry fee... Is there a reduced rate for the meals and the t-shirt... What about guests?

nmcbchief
09-10-2013, 08:45 PM
I have a question. I am considering making the trek to Kentucky for two reasons, 1 because I would like to actually meet some of the members of the forums and gain some more knowledge of my newly acquired supercoupe and the second thing is because I have always wanted to go to kentucky. Now the first issue is I am in no way going to able to race my car and the other is she is not show worthy yet so I would be embarrassed in entering her in a formal show. What are your thoughts... If I am not "officially" entering the car in a judged competition do I still need to pay the $90 car show entry fee... Is there a reduced rate for the meals and the t-shirt... What about guests?

Full Event Spectator (Meals & Entry to Car show & Track) $45.00

elanoresc
09-10-2013, 09:44 PM
So to spectate all weekend it is $45 and is there any ugliest car award if so maybe I will enter car show lmao

BLOWN38
09-10-2013, 11:06 PM
and is there any ugliest car award if so maybe I will enter car show lmao
Maybe... just enter your cars in the show fella's. Its a good time. Unless you really can afford it.:)

jjklongisland
09-10-2013, 11:13 PM
Full Event Spectator (Meals & Entry to Car show & Track) $45.00

Thanks, what a dope... I reread the original post and it was there alright:eek:...

BLOWN38
09-10-2013, 11:20 PM
Me is registered.:cool: Now to do head gaskets, blower swap and a new tune.... might have to race the truck.

davec73
09-11-2013, 12:13 AM
Me is registered.:cool: Now to do head gaskets, blower swap and a new tune.... might have to race the truck.
All in a days work for you man lol. If you wanna take it a little easier on the motor I got a blower I will trade you for the 2.0

SCrazy
09-11-2013, 08:29 AM

Don't feel afraid to race or show anything you bring. Cars at the track and in the shows will range from pieces of art to pieces of ~~~~~ and everything in between. It's one of the great things about the event, there is a place for everybody. Also if anything were to ever break on your car there will be more knowledgeable mechanics and spare parts at this event than at a Ford dealership. We've seen some major repairs happen (transmissions swapped, rear ends swapped, axle changes are a norm, we've seen trailers loaned, we've seen people driving hundreds of miles out of their way to help others.

Ira R.
09-11-2013, 09:18 AM
Don't feel afraid to race or show anything you bring. Cars at the track and in the shows will range from pieces of art to pieces of ~~~~~ and everything in between. It's one of the great things about the event, there is a place for everybody. Also if anything were to ever break on your car there will be more knowledgeable mechanics and spare parts at this event than at a Ford dealership. We've seen some major repairs happen (transmissions swapped, rear ends swapped, axle changes are a norm, we've seen trailers loaned, we've seen people driving hundreds of miles out of their way to help others.

And Brian's kid will be quite happy to drive the SC home if Brian needs to put your car (or mine) on the trailer! ;) :p

Seriously, don't just come to show your car, come to show that you HAVE the car. It can be that lighthearted. Heck, maybe this year instead of spray painting his car army green Casey will paint it Marine Corp Blue! :D

As far as breakdowns are concerned, I have had a mishap at every event I have attended. Last year it was a radiator leak, once we had to replace the brakes and one year I had an engine fire as I pulled into the hotel on Friday! And each and every time there were people around who got me back on the road so I could drive the 600+ miles back home again. Trust me, if you have a problem this is the place to have it, fix it or just discuss it so you can get some idea how to fix it when you get home. It is also THE place to get some ideas because you will be amazed at the cars you will see there.

I'm talking about everything from 10 second street legal race cars to showroom floor ready stockers. Seeing what people have done with the cars alone is worth the price of admission.

Ira

jjklongisland
09-11-2013, 09:22 AM

Well thats really good to know. I will see how my funds are. I just converted my oil fired boiler to natural gas and we booked a disney trip for end of october. I will have to cash in the piggy bank. If not I will definitely make next year. Right now I put myself at a 50/50 chance...

David Neibert
09-11-2013, 02:03 PM

The fee structure/budget is set up for two types of primary registration.

1. Full Event Pass that includes a t-shirt, all meals, car show participation, racing participation and prize eligibility (car show, racing and door prizes).

2. Car Show Pass that includes a t-shirt, all meals, car show participation, racing spectator entrance and car show and door prize eligibility.

The Companion Pass (aka Event Spectator pass) is intended for a spouse, friend or children (age 16 and over) who are attending with a person registered in one of the above two categories. It is not intended as a standalone registration.

The same is true for the dyno competition, and you can't participate unless you are registered in one of the two classes mentioned above.

We understand that not everyone who attends, will do so expecting to win a prize or a trophy and may rather have a no frills spectator pass. Unfortunately we just can't afford the expense of renting the track, dyno and buying all the trophies and meals unless we structure the fees as mentioned above.

Thanks, David

BLOWN38
09-11-2013, 02:23 PM
All in a days work for you man lol. If you wanna take it a little easier on the motor I got a blower I will trade you for the 2.0

Its been so long since I've done head gaskets I prolly forgot how.:o

Nettlesd
09-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Its been so long since I've done head gaskets I prolly forgot how.:o

We're suppose to have head gaskets? Oh no...

davec73
09-11-2013, 10:39 PM
We're suppose to have head gaskets? Oh no...

I Think you will be ok lol

SCrazy
09-12-2013, 11:25 AM
Guys....REGISTER PLEASE!!!!!

I know the registration has only been open for a week and the event is still 3 weeks away but in the next week we need to lock in big $$ deposits on things and order stuff like stickers, trophies, dyno, track, shirts, etc.

In order to keep prices for everyone as reasonable as possible we budget very tightly and we have virtually no carry over funds from previous years.

Your registrations are imperative for us to plan properly over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks
Brian

Jacob_Royer
09-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Registered!!!! See you guys in few weeks!

elanoresc
09-12-2013, 08:06 PM
Registered and looks like I will be racing

bumpskier45
09-13-2013, 01:30 PM
so I pain 55 dollars for dyno pull,and 140 dollars for registered racer,what exactly does that get you?when I have seen pics of last years event I see all the cars lined up,is that the car show?And my car is lets say not pretty,do I have to line up as well,or is it if you have an sc you line up lol.

Jacob_Royer
09-13-2013, 09:34 PM
If there is some miracle on race day and the Sc gods quit kicking me in the junk and I run a 12.XXX in test and tune am I allowed to change classes?

rzimmerl
09-13-2013, 11:47 PM
Registered and ready to go!

rzimmerl
09-13-2013, 11:50 PM
If there is some miracle on race day and the Sc gods quit kicking me in the junk and I run a 12.XXX in test and tune am I allowed to change classes?

If you look at the rules you must pick your class before entering for qualifying runs in that class. So take advantage for the open track time to pick what class you want to run in.

davec73
09-14-2013, 10:48 AM
20 days left til the shootout and there are only 15 people registered?

nmcbchief
09-14-2013, 11:16 AM

Payday comes once a month for me. I will be registered by Wednesday.

Kurt K
09-14-2013, 11:31 AM

Where'd you find that?

mellbutler
09-14-2013, 12:22 PM
registered...I think

at the end went to paypal link...plan to pay in person like in yrs before so if the registration didn't go through let me or matt know

bringing our kiddos this yr! They are excited...only one car this yr though...trying to keep cost down...

see yall there soon!

mel

mellbutler
09-14-2013, 12:25 PM

it usually just takes times for ppl to get around to it...im sure many more plan to come and register

davec73
09-14-2013, 01:21 PM
Where'd you find that?

List on the first post plus a couple that have posted since

David Neibert
09-14-2013, 02:20 PM
registered...I think

at the end went to paypal link...plan to pay in person like in yrs before so if the registration didn't go through let me or matt know

bringing our kiddos this yr! They are excited...only one car this yr though...trying to keep cost down...

see yall there soon!

mel

Mel,

If you didn't make the payment the registration is automatically cancelled. You don't need a Paypal account to pay using Paypal because they will also allow you to use a credit card or even a check without creating an account.

Last year registration and payment were two separate transactions, this year they are combined because of the need to verify SCCoA membership for the discounted member prices.

David

SCrazy
09-14-2013, 05:08 PM
List on the first post plus a couple that have posted since

I have 4 or 5 names I need to add to the list.....will update on monday

SCrazy
09-16-2013, 11:38 AM
I updated the list this AM on the first page of this thread.

Please double check that your name is listed if you've registered.

Mel....your stuff definitely did not go through.

Thanks
Brian

kenewagner
09-16-2013, 12:52 PM
Guys....REGISTER PLEASE!!!!!

I know the registration has only been open for a week and the event is still 3 weeks away but in the next week we need to lock in big $$ deposits on things and order stuff like stickers, trophies, dyno, track, shirts, etc.

In order to keep prices for everyone as reasonable as possible we budget very tightly and we have virtually no carry over funds from previous years.

Your registrations are imperative for us to plan properly over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks
Brian

I dont know if I am going to register as a spectator or particpiant will know soon

Ken

BLOWN38
09-16-2013, 02:10 PM
Phil bringin a honey or just the old man?:D

mellbutler
09-16-2013, 05:48 PM
Mel,

If you didn't make the payment the registration is automatically cancelled. You don't need a Paypal account to pay using Paypal because they will also allow you to use a credit card or even a check without creating an account.

Last year registration and payment were two separate transactions, this year they are combined because of the need to verify SCCoA membership for the discounted member prices.

David

Dave-thanks for the clarification...will get it taken care of this weekend.

kenewagner
09-17-2013, 08:20 AM
Registered

Ken

davec73
09-17-2013, 08:39 AM
Registered

Ken

Did you find your issue?

kenewagner
09-17-2013, 08:54 AM
Did you find your issue?

Yes. I had to strip the heads off and found a 1/4" socket head bolt in #4 hole. Fell in through the intake and went right past an open valve. Reassembling everything now. Car is not going to be as complete or perfect as I wanted but hopefully tuned and ready to run barring any tuning issues.

Ken

davec73
09-17-2013, 08:55 AM
No rooms left available at the Hampton

davec73
09-17-2013, 08:57 AM
Yes. I had to strip the heads off and found a 1/4" socket head bolt in #4 hole. Fell in through the intake and went right past an open valve. Reassembling everything now. Car is not going to be as complete or perfect as I wanted but hopefully tuned and ready to run barring any tuning issues.

Ken

Sweet good luck ken!

kenewagner
09-17-2013, 08:59 AM
Shootout Registration is now open (09-05-13).

http://www.sc-shootout.com/EventInfo.php

A couple of things are different this year about the Shootout. The biggest thing is that the Shootout is now an event that is not only heavily sponsored by the SCCoA but is also an official event run by the club. In years past the Shootout was independent. There were two benefits to this: first is we now have access to the clubs computer servers to host the Shootout website and registration systems, second and most important is that we will now be offering Shootout registration discounts to SCCoA members. The other change that you will notice is an incremental increase in fees for non-members over last year. The increase is associated with rising costs to run the event, as always we are closely budgeting the event and soliciting sponsors to keep costs as reasonable as possible for everyone.

SCCoA member prices will remain the same as they were last year, non-member prices are increased by $20. If you are not a current SCCoA member you can join the club for $15 then immediately receive your $20 Shootout discount….not a bad deal.

Full Registration - Racer (Non-Member) $160.00
Full Registration - Racer (Member) $140.00
Companion Pass (Meals & Spectator entry to Car show & Track) $45.00
Car Show Entry (Meals & Shirt) (Non-Mem) $110.00
Car Show Entry (Meals & Shirt) (Member) $90.00
Extra Shirt $20.00
Dyno $55.00

Please post any questions you have about the registration process in this thread.

1 Brian Oatway +3
2 David Neibert +1
3 David Clark
4 Mike Tuck
5 Chris Wise +1
6 Kurt Kreisz +1
7 Matt Haub +1
8 Michael Inch
9 Ira Robinson
10 Kevin McMahan
11 Chris Vining
12 Jim Sanderson
13 Philip Dalke +1
14 Ryan Zimmerly +1
15 Michael Tsosie +1
16 Zachary Lowe
17 Michael Bennett
18 Duane Nettles +1
19 Rodney Bushong
20 Joe Kerns
21 Jacob Royer
22 Alan Stewart
23 Christopher Gates
24 Ken Wagner +1

Updated 9/16 10:30am

Are you going to post the classes and who registered for what class?

Ken

SCrazy
09-17-2013, 09:07 AM
I can do that

Jacob_Royer
09-17-2013, 09:35 AM
No rooms left available at the Hampton

The quality inn next door is a good option I stayed in it last year for a ground floor room too

SCrazy
09-17-2013, 10:21 AM
I put a message into the hotel to see what's up.

Our block should be held through Friday, but maybe it is sold out already.

SCrazy
09-17-2013, 10:24 AM
This just in from the hotel concerning my questioning things be sold out:

Hi Brian,

No, that is not true. We have approximately 10-12 rooms left in your block and I think the hotel has maybe 2-3 rooms. Maybe they did not give them the group code? I'm not at the hotel this morning, but will be back there around 3PM this afternoon. You can tell them to call me this afternoon and I'll be happy to book them a room.

Best Regards,

Alisha James

Call after 3pm and ask for Alisha if you have any issues.

Our block will be released on FRIDAY so don't delay booking your rooms.

davec73
09-17-2013, 10:26 AM
I put a message into the hotel to see what's up.

Our block should be held through Friday, but maybe it is sold out already.

She said we had the whole hotel blocked I got the lsst room snd it was a king. Hady other room reserved for months

Mercutio
09-17-2013, 04:10 PM
I'll be signing up later this week. I actually lost my job Friday, and if I had any sense, I'd skip this year's shootout, since money could get tight. But I've been to all of them since 06, and I only see you guys once a year.

Oh, and I've already had 2 interviews, so I'm sure I'll be okay.

PDQ SC
09-18-2013, 10:46 AM
I just booked and the kind lady told me they have 7 rooms left.:)

nmcbchief
09-18-2013, 08:16 PM
REGISTERED! Not racing though. Only 12 miles on this motor.

ricardoa1
09-19-2013, 02:05 PM
I'll be signing up later this week. I actually lost my job Friday, and if I had any sense, I'd skip this year's shootout, since money could get tight. But I've been to all of them since 06, and I only see you guys once a year.

Sorry to hear about the jobloss. At least you are landing interviews.

Commonsense would tell you to skip, and its telling me to skip it also.

But Just so happens that my college will not be offering any courses that will fulfill my remaining req. therefore my school commitments are no longer. Then comes financial responsabilities that get postponed if I go.

Anyways Im on the fence and would need my other buddy to go and split the driving I have not heard back. We will see, car is almost ready though...I think.:cool:

Jacob_Royer
09-19-2013, 02:13 PM
Why be responsible and save you're $?? This is the shootout we are talking about lol!

bumpskier45
09-19-2013, 02:14 PM
I just got off the phone with the Hampton Inn making my reservation guys and if your wanting to get a room for both saturday and Sunday they have 6 rooms left,if your just staying saturday night they have 11 rooms left this information is current as of 9-19-2013 1PM central time.

ricardoa1
09-19-2013, 02:22 PM
The quality inn next door is a good option I stayed in it last year for a ground floor room too

Is that the roach and spider hotel. Yeah I stayed there too.
Cheap though.

Jacob_Royer
09-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Is that the roach and spider hotel. Yeah I stayed there too.
Cheap though.

No you're thinking of the one back in the corner this was right behind the banquet hall for hampton

David Neibert
09-19-2013, 05:39 PM

That's the spirit Will ! See you in a couple weeks.

David

mywhite89
09-19-2013, 06:14 PM
Looking like I'm not gonna make it this year:mad:.

Chris

Jacob_Royer
09-19-2013, 07:01 PM
Come on Chris the Hoosiers have to represent!

elanoresc
09-19-2013, 09:01 PM
Any body that's going to the shoot out that has some good clear head lights they would be willing to part with

davec73
09-19-2013, 09:13 PM

Chris

Sorry to hear that Chris hope something changes and you can make it.

Quik95SC
09-19-2013, 11:27 PM
Registered, paid and almost ready to go!!

Smitty

Quik95SC
09-19-2013, 11:34 PM
Registered! Now I finally get to see how fast she is.

Looks like I will be leaving early Friday morning if you want to try and ride up together. There is someone else here in Clarksville going to I think, so we could have TN folks making it this year.

Smitty

nmcbchief
09-20-2013, 12:38 AM
Looks like I will be leaving early Friday morning if you want to try and ride up together. There is someone else here in Clarksville going to I think, so we could have TN folks making it this year.

Smitty

I am close to Paducah and also plan on leaving Friday morning. I will be traveling on the West KY Parkway. 4hrs 20min drive. If anyone wants to meet along the way let me know.

old_coot
09-20-2013, 07:38 AM

I'll again make the statement I made in another thread. Since this event is happening in our backyard, Our parts (we have a few)and shop (hobby not pro) are available as needed. But the big deal is since I am now officially retired and have a truck and trailer, for the price of gasoline both ways and a couple happy meals, I can see to it that no one gets stranded in Kentucky with a busted bird..repair or haul......Dan

old_coot
09-20-2013, 07:57 AM
Any body that's going to the shoot out that has some good clear head lights they would be willing to part with

What year are you looking for?

Kurt K
09-20-2013, 08:57 AM
...I am now officially retired and have a truck and trailer, for the price of gasoline both ways and a couple happy meals, I can see to it that no one gets stranded in Kentucky with a busted bird..repair or haul......Dan
Maybe I'll drive mine there this year in hopes that I need a tow from Dan just so I can hear his stories :D

Quik95SC
09-20-2013, 09:27 AM
I am close to Paducah and also plan on leaving Friday morning. I will be traveling on the West KY Parkway. 4hrs 20min drive. If anyone wants to meet along the way let me know.

That is the way I usually go as well. I get on the WKPW from the pennyrile parkway north of hopkinsville. Perhaps we can meet near there. There is a police substation just after the pennyrile exit in the center of the parkway, just a thought anyway.

PM me your number again in case I don't still have it and I will get in touch as things get closer.

Smitty

mellbutler
09-20-2013, 01:05 PM

Chris

Bummer.....what happened?

nmcbchief
09-20-2013, 10:05 PM
I paid on the 18th but do not see my name on your updated list. Can you verify registration please.

gogo5.0
09-20-2013, 11:28 PM
Wife and I are in.

benny

mywhite89
09-21-2013, 07:51 AM
Bummer.....what happened?

The company I work for is moving into a new building that same weekend. Between helping with the move and getting things organized for the start of the week my hands are pretty tied. My boss knows not to mess with the shootout, his hands are tied too.

Chris

David Neibert
09-21-2013, 11:50 AM
I paid on the 18th but do not see my name on your updated list. Can you verify registration please.

Yes, you are registered and we will get your name added.

David

Mercutio
09-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Registered. See you guys in a couple weekends.

nmcbchief
09-21-2013, 04:34 PM
Yes, you are registered and we will get your name added.

David

Thanks David

XB-70
09-21-2013, 07:08 PM
Registered too now. SC ya all in two weeks!

ALS35
09-22-2013, 12:50 PM
I'll again make the statement I made in another thread. Since this event is happening in our backyard, Our parts (we have a few)and shop (hobby not pro) are available as needed. But the big deal is since I am now officially retired and have a truck and trailer, for the price of gasoline both ways and a couple happy meals, I can see to it that no one gets stranded in Kentucky with a busted bird..repair or haul......Dan

Dan;
What a great offer! I've been driving there, racing and driving back for five years running with no problems. If I need your services, you will need a valid passport:D as I live in the frozen white wasteland of Canuckistan.
Looking forward to seeing you all there again this year. Also looking forward to the traditional post race steak dinner with KW et al. (If it happens for more than two years it is a tradition!)
Alan

nmcbchief
09-25-2013, 06:36 PM
37 REGISTERED!!! Keep em coming!

mellbutler
09-25-2013, 08:38 PM
we might have confused you all...we are on the list twice

brian dotlich
Melissa butler (I just don't have his name)

and our two girls who are 7 and 10

we usually register under my name but I think he paid with his paypal...

mellbutler
09-25-2013, 08:39 PM
Come on Chris the Hoosiers have to represent!

we will be there!

nmcbchief
09-25-2013, 09:31 PM
My understanding is that each member of SCCoA had to register. Is that not correct? Say husband and wife are both members then each has to register? Say a member is not bringing his car but is hitching a ride with another member then he HAS to register and just not be a guest. Just confused about this:confused:

Pat DiPersia
09-26-2013, 08:57 AM
Husband and wife can be registered together; this would be a full event pass (Or car show pass) and a companion pass. If you want to bring two cars, THEN you would need two registrations.

Same goes for kids. Anyone over 16 needs a companion pass, unless they're bringing a car. Then they need to register seperately.

Since your girls are under 16, all you need to do is state that two under 16 will be attending. This is more for a head count and for our release that you'll have to sign when you arrive.

If both Brian Dotlich and Melissa Butler are on the list, that makes me think you registered two times. If you're bringing two cars, this is correct. If not, a full registration, a companion and two under 16 is what you're after.

bumpskier45
09-26-2013, 02:20 PM
now my wife says she wants to come,I paid my registration and there is only one car,does she need to be registered or just a pass? Also I was out recently putting my car through the paces,turns out all my upgrades I have done have maxed out my injectors,and my fuel pump can't keep up,I got a new fuel pump and dave dalke is bringing me some injectors but I of course with work and all won't have time to put it all on,should I still race? I won't get the best time the car can produce the way it sits,any idea's I am sighned up for a dyno as well.

BLOWN38
09-26-2013, 02:24 PM
now my wife says she wants to come,I paid my registration and there is only one car,does she need to be registered or just a pass? Also I was out recently putting my car through the paces,turns out all my upgrades I have done have maxed out my injectors,and my fuel pump can't keep up,I got a new fuel pump and dave dalke is bringing me some injectors but I of course with work and all won't have time to put it all on,should I still race? I won't get the best time the car can produce the way it sits,any idea's I am sighned up for a dyno as well.
Bring the pump and injectors and put em in, in the parking lot.:) I believe your wife just needs the companion pass.

SCrazy
09-26-2013, 02:32 PM

Parking Lot.....definitely!!!!

Wzenheimer
09-26-2013, 03:56 PM
Yea get there early on nearly an empty tank. Bring jack stands and jack and change it all in the parking lot.

BLOWN38
09-26-2013, 04:39 PM
Yea get there early on nearly an empty tank. Bring jack stands and jack and change it all in the parking lot.

Yeah meant to add that little tid bit. Arrive on an empty tank.

David Neibert
09-26-2013, 06:04 PM
now my wife says she wants to come,I paid my registration and there is only one car,does she need to be registered or just a pass?

Your wife can be added as a Companion...but you won't be able to do it using the registration page. Just Send Pat DiPersia a PM and he will provide you with the instructions for adding her to your registration.

David

bumpskier45
09-26-2013, 07:19 PM
can I just take care of it when I get there she is so wishy washy I never know for real until the day honestly if she is going to go.As to the fuel pump and injectors,I got it today.The injectors will depend on if dave saw my post to him. Parking lot? have to be honest that sounds scary to me especially considering 1) I don't have a clue where to start on that 2)my sc is my way home what if something was to go wrong while attempting the replacement?

PDQ SC
09-26-2013, 07:24 PM
can I just take care of it when I get there she is so wishy washy I never know for real until the day honestly if she is going to go.As to the fuel pump and injectors,I got it today.The injectors will depend on if dave saw my post to him. Parking lot? have to be honest that sounds scary to me especially considering 1) I don't have a clue where to start on that 2)my sc is my way home what if something was to go wrong while attempting the replacement?

Come on and join the hearty few that drive them to the event. I'm gonna run mine this year as well. (It's only a 900 mile hike if I wind up ~~~ over tea kettle);)

David Neibert
09-26-2013, 07:56 PM

Yes just bring cash and know that we may not have a tshirt for her if you were planning to get her one.

David

BLOWN38
09-26-2013, 07:59 PM

Injectors and fuel pump are routine maintenance.;) As long as Dave can update your tune for the injectors, or you have a QH to do it yourself.

Jacob_Royer
09-26-2013, 09:12 PM

very easy to cut an acess hole ken wagner can show you exactly where to do it! I can show you too all you need is a drill bit and some tin snips and some gloves to not cut yourself fuel pump swaps can be done in my car in 15 minutes!

Jacob_Royer
09-26-2013, 09:14 PM
Injectors and fuel pump are routine maintenance.;) As long as Dave can update your tune for the injectors, or you have a QH to do it yourself.

Wideband+Qh and you can have it really close really fast!!

Jeff Bratton
09-26-2013, 10:55 PM
Noticed Micah and Tonya will be making it this year... this is great to hear guys!!

bumpskier45
09-26-2013, 11:04 PM
will bring cash then if she comes,she doesn't even know about the T-shirt so shhhh.I had told dave I was interested in his injectors and to bring whatever he needed to do a tune,so if that Happens sure I trust you all we can do it.Allmost sounds like your going to try a changeout without dropping the tank.

jludorf
09-26-2013, 11:12 PM
I won't be making it to the Shootout this year. Work threw me a curve ball plus my car is still minus an engine. I hope everybody has a good time.

davec73
09-26-2013, 11:16 PM
will bring cash then if she comes,she doesn't even know about the T-shirt so shhhh.I had told dave I was interested in his injectors and to bring whatever he needed to do a tune,so if that Happens sure I trust you all we can do it.Allmost sounds like your going to try a changeout without dropping the tank.
You don't have to drop the whole tank I just drop mine down on the pass side where the pump is. We had the whole top end and valve train apart and back together before Friday night was up last year in the parking lot. I will have all my tools with me, I never leave home without them with my luck.

nmcbchief
09-27-2013, 12:02 AM
I am sure we can get you back home bumpskier.

Jacob_Royer
09-27-2013, 08:48 AM
Cut a hole so much easier!

bumpskier45
09-27-2013, 12:55 PM
so what do you end up doing cutting hole in the trunk someplace? do you just leave the hole or make it a permenant access? For sure I think we can do the fuel pump with a lot of help mind you.As to the injectors there is a few things that will need to line up in order for that to happen,but at the very least my current injectors will be getting the fuel they need. So how early is early as far as getting there to do this replacement? I think my wife will be coming in another car,she is not an early riser.

Jacob_Royer
09-27-2013, 06:32 PM
Its under the back seat passenger side you can seal it back up very easily so you can get back to it again if you ever need to! Get a new lock ring gasket from advance they should always be replaced with the pump

nmcbchief
09-27-2013, 07:15 PM
I should be there by noon on Friday.

NASTY V6
09-27-2013, 11:15 PM
Brian,

Could you check my payment. You have me down as +1 and it should be +2.

Thanks!

Scott Bruhn

Pat DiPersia
09-28-2013, 07:28 AM
Scott -

You're good, I checked your registration and updated the list. Missed the +2.

NASTY V6
09-28-2013, 07:55 AM
Scott -

You're good, I checked your registration and updated the list. Missed the +2.

Thanks Pat!

bumpskier45
09-28-2013, 09:12 PM
Tiny update....I wanted to do some of the simple stuff when it came time to replacing my fuel pump so that I-we could save some time.So I decided to change out the fuel filter because its something you have to do when you swap out fuel pump anyway,when I removed the old one I wondered how bad it was so I tried to blow through it.....in the correct direction of course,and I was unable to do so,so I cut it in half and I don't know what color the filter is supposed to be but this one is black and when I say black I mean like oil that is 20k miles overdue black.Could this be my problem all along? I am still going to change the fuel pump because if it had to try and pump through that its due for sure,I am willing to bet this filter is the one that came with the car that is crazy,75k miles is insane amount of miles to go on a filter when do they tell you to change them like every 15k isn't it?

nmcbchief
09-28-2013, 11:24 PM
Last few days to register!!! Can't wait to hang out and shoot the breeze with everyone. I didn't feel very well last year at the shoot-out but hoping my health hangs in there this year. Maybe more beer will help :D.

Anyways, hope more people get to register and can come hang out. Best group of people you will ever meet.

SCrazy
09-29-2013, 02:21 PM
We are going to shut down the online registration at 5pm Eastern Time on Monday evening. Please, Please, Please register online before then if you are planning to attend. It will make the lives of the organizers MUCH easier if we don't need to register folks in person at the door.

See you all on Friday!!!!!

bumpskier45
09-29-2013, 06:39 PM
Sorry about posting tech stuff here,but this is where the thread was started about that issue I had.Just finished getting the fuel filter in and everything is fine now,I go right up to 5k rpm's and it doesn't cut out on me,should I still bring the fuel pump anyway,I am thinking as clogged as that filter was that pump can't have to much time left on it,what do you all think?

SCrazy
09-29-2013, 07:11 PM
I'd definitely bring it

XR7 Dave
09-29-2013, 08:21 PM
Did we post anywhere the # of people actually racing and what classes they registered for? I can't seem to find it.

KMT
09-29-2013, 08:50 PM
Did we post anywhere the # of people actually racing and what classes they registered for? I can't seem to find it.

Top of this thread?

BLOWN38
09-29-2013, 09:38 PM
Top of this thread?

Doesn't list who is racing and what class they signed up for.

KMT
09-29-2013, 09:49 PM
Ah, right - and the roster at this link didn't amount to much towards that end either, so far I guess:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127609&highlight=2013+roster

SCrazy
09-29-2013, 10:14 PM

I'll try to do it Monday night or Tuesday morning after the online registration closes.

Going from memory lots of people in Mod2 and Mod3, single entries in each of the 4 fastest classes, a few in the bracket classes.

Of course all of that is subject to change at the track before qualifications start.

Pat DiPersia
09-30-2013, 07:30 AM
Ah, right - and the roster at this link didn't amount to much towards that end either, so far I guess:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127609&highlight=2013+roster

Being as that post is about Carlisle. . .

Jacob_Royer
09-30-2013, 08:54 AM

I signed up for mod1 since I haven't got the car to the track yet. I HOPE its more of a mod2 car but we shall see!

DrFishbone
09-30-2013, 09:53 AM
I signed up for mod1 since I haven't got the car to the track yet. I HOPE its more of a mod2 car but we shall see!

Stay in mod1 if ya know what's good for ya! :p:D

Jacob_Royer
09-30-2013, 02:30 PM
Stay in mod1 if ya know what's good for ya! :p:D

Since you ditched the silver decklid this year I'm actually kinda scared! :)

89XR7TD
09-30-2013, 06:49 PM
I'll try to do it Monday night or Tuesday morning after the online registration closes.

Going from memory lots of people in Mod2 and Mod3, single entries in each of the 4 fastest classes, a few in the bracket classes.

Of course all of that is subject to change at the track before qualifications start.

I was going to register Thursday since I was still working on my car and get paid again on that date...

Car isn't finished yet, but expect 2 spectators....cause I'm coming anyways!!!
I'll pay at the door and buy shirts and a round of brew :)

bumpskier45
10-01-2013, 01:35 PM
I hope most of the racing is done on saturday,because there is a 60% chance of rain on sunday.what is the intinerary anyway?

Jacob_Royer
10-01-2013, 01:38 PM
Racing is Sunday morning man

rzimmerl
10-01-2013, 01:50 PM
I hope most of the racing is done on saturday,because there is a 60% chance of rain on sunday.what is the intinerary anyway?

go to the sc shootout website for all this information

Jeff Bratton
10-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Weather is iffy right now but things change, keep your fingers crossed.

Jeff Bratton
10-01-2013, 02:37 PM
Update on the weather for this weekend my girlfriend provided me, who just lives 30 minutes outside of Winchester... For Saturday: A mix of clouds and Sun with a 40% of showers and High.of 80. Sunday: the same but high of 66.

Trust me... weather in KY. CHANGES daily guys.

mellbutler
10-01-2013, 03:58 PM
ATTENTION: Neibert, SCcrazy, catgirl or who ever does the name tags

can we please have our screan names listed below our names? I see new names on the list and it will help everyone, since that's how we know each other

Jacob_Royer
10-01-2013, 08:56 PM

can we please have our screan names listed below our names? I see new names on the list and it will help everyone, since that's how we know each other

Very good idea! I wish we had that last year i had great difficulty putting actual names to screen names lol

davec73
10-01-2013, 10:14 PM
Very good idea! I wish we had that last year i had great difficulty putting actual names to screen names lol

I would suggest socializing and getting to know people lol

mellbutler
10-01-2013, 10:22 PM
I would suggest socializing and getting to know people lol

still it's nice to put the two names together

SCrazy
10-02-2013, 05:14 AM

It's funny this came up.....the committee discussed and thought nobody cared about the name tags so we did not do them

bumpskier45
10-02-2013, 02:17 PM
well weather here in Tennessee does the same,I live 30 miles north of Nashville,about a mile from the Kentucky border.Just hope for the best I guess. BTW anyone going up I-65 to get there could convoy just pm me.

89XR7TD
10-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Well, I won't be going after all :-(!!

But would be very cool to buy a large tshirt and an extra large
If there are extra's???

Thanks!!

Jeff Bratton
10-02-2013, 02:44 PM
Hey bumpskier45

What time You coming through Louisville?

mellbutler
10-02-2013, 06:18 PM
jeff- we hope to leave here by noon Friday, so we would be in louisville around 2ish.

Jeff Bratton
10-03-2013, 12:00 AM
Working 3rd shift sux...so Im planning on leaving the house at around 3:30p and get to the hotel. around 5p.