new carpet information

bumpskier45

I think I found a place that makes oem molded carpet for our cars,but I need to make sure its not the same place bill at supercoupe orders his carpets from.Does anyone know the name of the place he gets it from? this place is called acc custom car from a website called,stockinteriors.com,Just trying to make sure im not ordering from the same place. The carpet I did get allthough advertised as molded carpet is nothing of the sort.

I found out there not the same place,but look like they have a decent oem carpet,its probably not any better than the one I have though I am guessing,I am tired of messing around with it I called a shop and its getting done by a professional on tuesday.

i bought mine from stock interiors. reasonably happy with it so far. looks far better than my old carpet.

I bought an ACC from RockAuto for my 1991. It's not a perfect fit, and you have to cut out the center tunnel openings.

Due to that, I'm going to have to patch it where I cut too far over on the driver's side of the gearshift. They MEAN it when they say "Cut an X and clean it up LAST."

The quality of the carpet is top notch. The fit, not so much, but much better than a non-molded version.

RwP

you can use a heat gun to help smooth out the fitment. I also think that gluing the carpet down in certain areas would help too, but i didnt do that. I had fitment problems where the carpet and the back seat and tunnel all meet. but the front fit great. i got the 4 piece floor mats too, I dont like the way the rear two mats fit so i dont use them. I have noticed that the floor mats shed where my heel is for the gas pedal. it was definitely worth the money in my case. invest in some good jute padding too, that will help.

I found out there not the same place,but look like they have a decent oem carpet,its probably not any better than the one I have though I am guessing,I am tired of messing around with it I called a shop and its getting done by a professional on tuesday.

I got mine from stockinteriors.com and I am very happy with both the fit and quality. Defintely take your time and cut on as a last resort. make sure everything is tight and fitted properly before cutting off excess carpeting.

Make several small cuts instead of one massive cut to avoid cutting off too much. Should work out fine.

Smitty

Back