Dont run clean, no idle...

Tedor

I got spark and fuel at the fuel pressure realease valve, the startermotor pulls the Engine around.

It will start up on start spray but it have no idle so if I let of the throttle it dies, also the check Engine lamp is on and it does not run Clean. I tested again and it will start without start spray now but it dont have any idle still and dont run clean, check engine lamp is still there...

16 months ago I installed a quater horse with a tune from dave dalke for my Simens Deka 630cc. I have Heard that there is a battery in the chip which holds the tune and when the battery goes bad the car wont start, Im not talking About the 12V battery in the Engine bay now.

thankful for help

best regards Fredrik from sweden

When you turn the key on, does the engine cooling fan and in tank fuel pump run continuously? If so the tune is bad on the QH. You may need to purchase the software so you can re-load the tune.

Both fuel pump and engine cooling fan run as soon as i turn the key on to ignition and never turns off so thank you Dave =)

Will I have to change the battery that holds the memory to about the tune to the chip? My battery only lasted 16 months, maybe I should change it every year to be on the safe side.

I will have to read how to reload the tune, last time I used binary editor was 16 months ago.

Thanks
/Fredrik

The batteries are supposed to last 10 years. But if you let the car's battery drain dead while parked, it could drain the QH also. There have been some random issues as well so it's hard to say. Either way, you'll need to get BE going and reload the tune. If it takes and seems ok, then it is. If not, then you can look into changing the battery.

Okey thanks! Good to hear. The car was parked for like 2 hours, and when i tried to start it the cars 12V battery had good power to pull the engine around, never had to use any battery booster so I don't belive that's the problem.

I will set BE up and reload the tune and keep that in mind and se what happens.

Thanks again Dave you are the Super coupe king! =)

/Fredrik

Can somebody make a step by step guide for me how to reload the tune? What kind of file is the tune?

I have Binary Editor and a software licens i purhased 16 months ago.

Regards

same problem

Hi. I have exactly the same problem with my 89 SC. It cant start on its own but with start spray. It idles very rich with black smoke. Engine cooling fan and fuel pump run continously when i turn the key to on position. When i turn the throttle it just not responding and its popping when boost is on.

CEL is always on and i cant read trouble codes.

Cars previous owner had the car diagnosed by mechanic and they told it was the fuelpump. Car was in garage one night and next day it just didnt start.

So I already changed fuel pump and FPR but no difference.

I have no any modifications done to the car.. Or the previous owner didnt tell me everything.

Thanks

Can somebody make a step by step guide for me how to reload the tune? What kind of file is the tune?

I have Binary Editor and a software licens i purhased 16 months ago.

Regards
open up be go to the menu at the top left, select calibration, choose the calibration file and you shpuld see it load to the bottom of the page in be. connect your laptop to the chip and hit the write button (red up arrow) at the top of the page and your done. before you do this though go to the quarterhorse hardware or usb symbol button at the top right of the page, once you click on the symbol it will bring up a screen that says quarterhorse config, select that button and on the right of the box you will see a place for 8 or so different tunes. If it is empty you are good to go just write the tune to the qtr horse like I explained. If there is a tune in it remove it and then write the tune.

Hi. I have exactly the same problem with my 89 SC. It cant start on its own but with start spray. It idles very rich with black smoke. Engine cooling fan and fuel pump run continously when i turn the key to on position. When i turn the throttle it just not responding and its popping when boost is on.

CEL is always on and i cant read trouble codes.

Cars previous owner had the car diagnosed by mechanic and they told it was the fuelpump. Car was in garage one night and next day it just didnt start.

So I already changed fuel pump and FPR but no difference.

I have no any modifications done to the car.. Or the previous owner didnt tell me everything.

Thanks

My fuelpump got very few miles on it so I dont belive that's the problem. Maybe you have mods you dont know of.

Thanks Davec, do you know what type of file de tune file is? So I can find it

My fuelpump got very few miles on it so I dont belive that's the problem. Maybe you have mods you dont know of.

Thanks Davec, do you know what type of file de tune file is? So I can find it

.BeB file it should come up when you select calibration

Thanks! My tune only lasts maybe one hour then I have to reload it. I Will try to change the Little battery in the chip...

if you replace the battery it wont fix it for long and you will have voided the warranty I believe you should contact moates.

Back