surging

4U2NV

Maybe some one can help me, I have 95 S.C. freshly built motor and runs great but some times as I'm going down the road the car acts like quits for a split second but picks up and nothing wrong, also stalls occasionally in gear at a light but start right back up and run like a champ. Not sure if you would call surging but not right, any suggestions?

Yes. then acts like nothing was wrong. It could do it once in twenty miles or another day two or three times, I don't drive car much its kinda week end driver

Pretty common, I think, with slightly different solutions depending on age and condition of the following short list of suspects (note there could be other things adding to the issue):
- upper/front harness
- engine grounds
- cam sensor
- crank sensor
- DIS
- ignition switch down on side of steering column

Search here on: tach drops ….for the long list. But if fresh motor means sensors are fresh too, I'd focus on healthy harness and grounds.

And look into running the codes for hints to help keep down on buying parts you might not need :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, I actually have about ever thing extra u mention and checked grounds and have changed cam sensor, ill keep going on the things you listed and hopefully fix the issue, Thanks again :)

I had almost the same issue in my 95 auto

It was the ecu relay, for no reason it would just "cut off" and back on real quick like in the blink of an eye, happen most notably when I went over big bumps

My problem was the crank sensor harness....one of the wires broke off as I was moving it around.

Another sensor will fix this...

Last edited:
Stalling upon turning

I am having a similar problem except for the fact that it only acts like it will stall when I am gong slow and turning the wheel at the same time. Like when pulling into a parking spot at a supermarket the tach will drop to about 400 and almost stall. It did actually stall once when backing out of the driveway. Any ideas?

Back