Irridium plug one step colder?

HwyStar

I have a set of Autolite xp5144s, which is stock. I have looked for xp5143s, but it doesnt exist. I DO NOT want a platinum plug since I have personally seen the double platinum pucks fall off. Copper is great, but you cant run them for long. I know this is a tired subject, but I have been looking through old threads and Im not finding what I want. Anyone had luck finding either a Irridium plug, or maybe a single platinum?

I will be beating the car with the mods done to the tune of 350-400whp. Thats why Im looking for a cooler plug. Also, would like the car to start easy, so I will avoid the AWSF22PP. I read XR7 Dave saying that this plug is more like 2 ranges cooler, and makes the car hard to start when its cold. Im thinking .035" for gap. Any help appreciated.
Dave

I have a set of Autolite xp5144s, which is stock. I have looked for xp5143s, but it doesnt exist. I DO NOT want a platinum plug since I have personally seen the double platinum pucks fall off. Copper is great, but you cant run them for long. I know this is a tired subject, but I have been looking through old threads and Im not finding what I want. Anyone had luck finding either a Irridium plug, or maybe a single platinum?

I will be beating the car with the mods done to the tune of 350-400whp. Thats why Im looking for a cooler plug. Also, would like the car to start easy, so I will avoid the AWSF22PP. I read XR7 Dave saying that this plug is more like 2 ranges cooler, and makes the car hard to start when its cold. Im thinking .035" for gap. Any help appreciated.
Dave
Autolite xp103

i recommend a copper plug instead. i run ngk tr6 which is one step colder than stock with a gap of 0.030. im making the same power that you are talking about.

Thanks for the replies. Sometimes when i post to this site it will sit at the submission screen till the end of time. I wasnt sure if my post went through, so i double posted in this forum.

Back