O-ring for accumaltor

hsommer

Does anyone know the specs for the accumulator O-ring? The Ford part number is 2c233 but no one has it anymore.

I am guessing that it is a size 111 made out of EPDM.

the -111 was the right size. I had to buy 100 from mcmaster. If you need one let me know.

Now I have a different problem Every time I touch the brakes the pump motor runs. Should I have filled the accumulator with fluid some how before installing it? Does it have air trapped in it?

Thanks for the information. About the accumulator - was this a new replacement? Running with every touch of the pedal is not quite normal.

It was not a new replacement. It was off an old ABS unit. I guess it is bad and I need to try another one. It was actually worse then the one I replaced :mad:

The one I replaced was a two year old aftermarket unit that was the right size but the pump was running to often compared to when it was new.

Thanks everyone for such a dependable forum :D

My aftermarket replacements have never quite matched the original. Instead of 3-5 pumps, it's like 2-3. But they work, pretty much.

the -111 was the right size. I had to buy 100 from mcmaster. If you need one let me know.

Now I have a different problem Every time I touch the brakes the pump motor runs. Should I have filled the accumulator with fluid some how before installing it? Does it have air trapped in it?

Sent you a PM

dbd

My aftermarket replacements have never quite matched the original. Instead of 3-5 pumps, it's like 2-3. But they work, pretty much.

After 3 tries I found one that would at least not turn on the warning lights every time I touched it :(

As a side effect I fixed the washer fluid squirters.

I don't think there's any real supply crunch. It's just a matter of getting an order in so stock is present in the USA. SpinningWheels-SC can get them anytime now, as far as I know.

accumulator 111 o-ring

I am in need of the 111 EPDM o-ring for accumulator. I can order 67 for $10 delivered. But I thought I'd ask first if someone just mail me one? If so, THANKS! If not I'll order a batch and I'll happily mail a few to anyone who wants one.

Does anyone know the specs for the accumulator O-ring? The Ford part number is 2c233 but no one has it anymore.

I am guessing that it is a size 111 made out of EPDM.

I need one..I'm on the spinning wheels list for a new accumulator too. They emailed me saying they will have more available end of DEC but I'm still waiting. I cant pm yet as I am new but I will need an o ring for the new accumulator when I get it.

I need one..I'm on the spinning wheels list for a new accumulator too. They emailed me saying they will have more available end of DEC but I'm still waiting. I cant pm yet as I am new but I will need an o ring for the new accumulator when I get it.

If you get a new accumulator, it should come with a new o-ring. At least I have never had to buy anything separately.

o-ring

Well, we will see if Spinning wheels sends them with one. If not, I found the probper size (-111) locally out of Viton C which according to my reading should be fine for brake fluid. Will be happy to send them to you Knob if you end up needing one.

Well, we will see if Spinning wheels sends them with one. If not, I found the probper size (-111) locally out of Viton C which according to my reading should be fine for brake fluid. Will be happy to send them to you Knob if you end up needing one.

Viton's not recommended for brake fluid, as far as I know. I am not sure about the "C" designation. Can you link to any information on it?

All the information I found recommended against it. One example: http://www.fluidseals.com.au/o-ring_application_guide.html

o-ring compatibililty

Viton's not recommended for brake fluid, as far as I know. I am not sure about the "C" designation. Can you link to any information on it?

All the information I found recommended against it. One example: http://www.fluidseals.com.au/o-ring_application_guide.html

Thanks for the tip. I can't locate the site that listed Viton-C as acceptable for this, but a second search shows several that say it is NOT acceptable for brake fluid... That's the danger with the web....

Here is another that says Viton is not acceptable for brake fluid.

http://www.ablesealanddesign.ca/category/Rubber-Compounds-O-Rings/462.html

Back