Where to get an EGR block off plate?

Scott Long

I am looking for an EGR block off plate for the back of my supercharger inlet. Does anyone know if they are still available from ford or where I could get one?

Last edited:
I am looking for an EGR block off plate for the back of my supercharger inlet. Does anyone know if they are still available from ford or where I could get one?

Damn I think I got an inlet that has it bolted on.
Id have to look. Let me know if you cant find one I can see if I can dig it up in my pile of sc parts/

My car didn't come with a spot for the EGR, so when I went to the MP inlet, I had to block the EGR hookup. I just used a piece of aluminum from the hardware store and some silicone....worked great.

I agree with Kurt K. its probably quicker to fab a block plate with some hardware store aluminum but I saw this kit from spinning wheels as well..
http://spinningwheels-sc.com/egrbi-passkit.aspx

I think this is what I need. I got some aluminum from the hardware store and was going to drill it and get some shorter bolts, but this looks like it will work better. Plus this takes care of the pipe up to the EGR.

Any advice on how to get the EGR off the damn pipe without removing the exhaust manifold? Its a tight squeeze up against the firewall and back of the engine.

Scott, I went through this last month. I needed the whole kit so I purchased it from Victor at Spinning Wheels.

For anyone that needs just the block off plate (Magnum Powers inlet on a non-EGR car), you can get them from RJM Technlogies. It's the 1-3/4" size plate listed here: http://www.rjminjectiontech.com/products/1-3-4-egr-block-off. With shipping, it's usually still cheaper from someone here (MadMikey, Ricardo, etc.).

As far as removing the EGR pipe from my son's 94 SC with stock manifolds, I used a Sawzall with the shortest metal blade I had and went under the car. Took a little maneuvering but I made the cut leaving about 1-1/2" of the pipe still attached to the fitting/nut in the manifold. This allowed my son to pull the EGR valve, with the rest of the pipe, from up top. He pulled it out as one piece so he didn't have to mess with removing the pipe from the EGR valve.

Now removing the nut and the rest of the pipe at the manifold is another matter. A six-point 15/16" deep dish socket fit perfectly but there was no way for me to fit a ratchet, let alone put any leverage on it. My son drove it down to the local shop and they had the old nut/pipe replaced with the new cap in 5 minutes. I figured this was easier than pulling off the whole manifold.

You might get lucky with some extensions, swivels, etc. Or if you cut the pipe flush with the nut, you might have more room. I only left the stub in case the shop couldn't remove the nut. At least they could weld a cap over it or something. But now that I'm thinking about it, they could have just welded over the nut if I cut it flush. Doing it again, I'd cut it flush. Maybe a regular socket would have given me more room in there.

Good luck!
-Allan

Last edited:
Ok I ordered the kit from Victor. I hope its waiting for me this weekend.

If I leave the EGR on the pipe and block off the manifold, the EGR should stay shut without a vacuum source right?

Back