Motor pullin time again *need help*

V6Sprout

Well guys, as you know I have had a problem with my motor all summer, I suspect a spun bearing. Anyways, I am off work as you all know due to my surgery and I have a lot of time on my hand, but I can't work on my car, I feel like i could but since I am on WI benefits, I don't want to get caught working on my car since I can't go to work. Besides, I know I shouldn't since the incision still is not healed inside, it looks healed on the outside but I know the inside takes 6-8 weeks to completely heal. So no working on my car for me.

Here is where I need the help. I want to get the ball rolling and get the motor up to Morana, thats the easy part, but I need help getting the motor out. I was wondering if anyone wanted to come down and pull the motor for me, I am sure we could do it in less then a day since the mustang is real easy to work on.

Anyone interested in coming down? Not sure whe yet, but whenever anyone can help would be good, the weather is still nice out too so thats a bonus.

I figure if I can get the motor pulled and get it to Morana's I can stick around his shop and find out whats wrong with it, since I have nothing else to do all day :)

SO either post here or email me if you can help, any day of the week or weekend is fine with me, all depends on when everyone can make it out, most likely a weekend but thats fine.

Thanks everyone.

Cool, well the WHERE is in my garage, which is located in Thorold Ontario, just outside of St. Catharines. WHEN all depends on everyone who is available to help out.

Jaime, I'm sure you will get a ghood turn out from the bous around. You can count me in too! This week end will be tight for me, but after that it's looking good.

Cool, thanks guys, this weekend is a little early, but if we had to this wekeend can work, heck I have all the time int he world right now. :)

Anyways, whatever is best for everyone who can help is fine with me, like I said weekday or weekend, doesn't matter to me.

I appreciate all the offers guys!

Count me in, it'll be a good time to retrieve my 3/8's drive ratchette and 15mm socket...lol...say when Jamie.

I'll have to work out the availability thing, but as I promised before, you can count me in!

Best regards,

Sean

I really really appreciate all the offers for help guys, it means a lot since I am kinda stuck with not being about to do the work myself, I feel like I can though, but like I said if I get caught removing engines while off work I am dead.

Basically when is good for everyone? The earlier the better basically for me but no rush really, I just figured since I am off work till the 15th its a good time to get the engine up to Morana's, and the sooner I do that the sooner it goes back in. SO basically what is good for everyone or should I say what time is NOT GOOD, then we can go from there and set a date.

What does everyone prefer, weekday or weekend? I assume weekend, but either is fine for me. With all the help it should come out in one day easy, I am pullin the tranny with the motor this time, but thats not too hard, I did that before.

So let me know whats good and not good for you guys.

I'm good for this weekend (no kids), but not good for next weekend. I think you could probably get enough people together for this weekend, and if you don't finish it, some people next weekend.

Make it this weekend!

humm, let me check, I might have to go out of town for Saturday only, but I will check, or I may be able to re-arrange that plan, I'll let you know, the following weekend might be busy for me too, this weekend seems like it would be better though now that I think of it, I will see what I can do about the plans, damn I forgot about that, I should be able to get out of it.

As usual my schedule is less than friendly, and weekends are a no-go.

I'm open for Mondays and Wednesdays during the day!

Will somebody at least take pics this time? You know I love this stuff.

During the week is even better for me, but I am not too picky, anyone want a weekday motor pull, maybe some come during the day and some come after work? Monday's are best, Wednesdays are a no go for me, always busy on wednesdays :) How about next Mon? Anyone?

OK guys, I have the go ahead for this Saturday if anyone is interested in coming down, or even if someone wanted to come down Friday and start then the rest come on Saturday ti finish, thats cool too. What's everyones schedules looking like, I know next weekend is no good for me, I know we have plands but this weekend is now free, but I know its kinda last minute.

I remember Kirk was saying he was free this Saturday!

Anyone else? Everyone will be fed and have a supply of refreshments of course! :)

Jamie, I might be able to make it down Saturday, but I probably won't know until Friday night ... can you please send me a p.m. or e-mail with your phone # so that I can call if I can make it ... I'd probably carpool with Kirk, since we live pretty near each other.

thx
Ed N.

here is a quick set of direction.

Take the QEW Niagara bound, go past hamilton towards St. Catharines.

Just before you get to St. Catharines, there will be the cutoff for Thorold, Welland and Pt. Colborne, thats HWY 406 (Les you have relatives in Welland right?)

Anyways take the 406 and you'll stay on the 406 for 10km's once you see a huge mall on your right hand side your exit is coming up, take HWY 58 Thorold just past the mall.

Once on Hwy 58 take your 2nd exit, this is PINE ST, if you miss Poine street you will go through a tunnel, thats too far and you'll have to turn around and come back through the tunnel :)

At the top of the exit ramp, turn LEFT onto Pine St. Go through the first set of lights and my street is about the 4th street on the left I believe. I live on METCALFE St. Its directly across from an elementary school so you will see school crossing signs.

Once on Metcalfe I am about 3 blocks donw on the right, I live on the corner of Metcalfe and Sydenham, a yellow sided house but you will see the mustang out front, blue stang with silver racing stripes.

Anyone else game for Saturday?

Start time any time after 11am is cool with me, not too early so you guys from TO can still sleep in.

I'm about to wipe my hard drive, so my computer will be down 'till after Saturday I'm sure so if anyone needs to get a hold of me...call me 905-789-7647. I only have Ed's and Les' number, so I will call them tomorrow.

Later.

no problem Ryan, thanks for the offer though.

So far it looks like we have

Les
Kirk
Ed (possibly)

anyone else up for a day of motor pullin? :) 11am Saturday!

PS, anyone who comes gets to check out my COOL SCAR! :D hahahaha

Last edited:
Jamie,

I'm looking into arrangements to allow me to attend on Saturday. I'll let you know as soon as I have a definite answer.

Best regards,

Sean

Back