It lives again!!

HwyStar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvObqvfw65U&feature=youtu.be

Still have a lot of work to do, but it lives!! I drove it to the gas station to put some fuel in it and it seemed to do ok. Not sure about the rear brakes though, seems like they might be sticking some.

I know there was some discussion about how to set up the exhaust. You cant really fit anything bigger than a two chamber in the back. So, what about a resonator? What type, and where to put it? If it had a resonator on it, is it possible to have a x or h pipe without highway drone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvObqvfw65U&feature=youtu.be

Still have a lot of work to do, but it lives!! I drove it to the gas station to put some fuel in it and it seemed to do ok. Not sure about the rear brakes though, seems like they might be sticking some.

I know there was some discussion about how to set up the exhaust. You cant really fit anything bigger than a two chamber in the back. So, what about a resonator? What type, and where to put it? If it had a resonator on it, is it possible to have a x or h pipe without highway drone?

Res goes right after the down pipes or collectors. O run a borla pro xs 2 2.5 in to 3 out back to 2 2.5 out in the back, I have no exhaust drone and my car sounds similar to a v8 at idle. Congrats on getting it up and going fwiw my buddy randys car had new pads on the rear and it took a bit of driving to get them seated and running free.

Thanks for the advice. Are you running catalysts? And, if Iam, would i need a resonator? Btw, did you break 400hp?

Thanks for the advice. Are you running catalysts? And, if Iam, would i need a resonator? Btw, did you break 400hp?

I don't run cats I have the res right after my long tubes. If I get my idle to lean out and get it dialed in we will see at the shootout, I havnt taken it back to the Dyno

I hope it works out for you. Ive a lot of work to this car and know its a pain to do. But, youve done way more than I have. If it were easy, I probly wouldnt have as much respect for the car, I like a challenge.

When you get her on the road let me know how you like the cam?
Do you have big valves or ported heads?
Late model blower?
OD?
Intake?

Are you going to dyno?

Nice job!:D

Ok, Ill post a pic of the daily driver soon as i upload it to my ftp.

Sure thing, Ill let you know how it drives. I didnt beat on it or anything, but I did drive it to the gas station to put more fuel in it. Suprisingly, despite not having o2 sensors it didnt hesitate, miss fire or feel sloggy. Road good for having dry rotted tires too! Nothing leaked either, big suprise.

Car has :
stock bottom
scp stage 2 cam
scp roller rockers
mild port on heads with stock valves new springs
head studs
2000 bbk mustang headers
port matched lower intake
60# injectors
mpx sc with coated rotors
raised top
Magnum Powers fmic
80mm tb, 85mm maf, 4" cai with dam
%15 od
crank ud pulley only
some kind of aftermarket oil catch can, looks neat
centerforce clutch
3.55 gear w/frpp carbon fiber clutch kit
need to swap in 1 1/4" rear swaybar, subframe bushings and Mk8 rear lowers still
After all that it needs to be dyno'd Bill sent the chip to me with a base tune only.
To anyone out there that might know, does 15" vacuum at idle sound right? I havent found any vacuum leaks

Last edited:
Vacuum

I was told the other day that 15 lbs vacuum is the stock specification. I have The stage 1 cam and only make 12 lbs at idle m My mechanic was concerned but then again I didn't tell him about the cam for fear he wou8ldn't want to work on it:rolleyes:.

rabbitgenerator.jpg

As requested, there is the daily driver. Before the new turbo...

Back