Installing oil pan

Metalcorpse

To those that sent me a pm, sorry for not returning the msg my internet was down for a while, and i was moving :/

onwards, my oil pan has arrived but i am lost as to where to hook the engine hoist up to the block. any website that has instructions on this? i realize how the crossmember pretty much attaches the entire front end of the car x.x so dropping it isnt really an option for me.

My suggestion:

Take the supercharger off & use the intake manifold bolt holes. That's how I took my engine out.

Get the external Torx sockets from Harbor Freight, use either chain or aircraft cable (I used 2000lbs rating), run around the headers and attach to two 4"x4" running from one side of the engine to the other. Mark were the K-member is, then place jack underneath it and unbolt and slowly lower the K-member. Replace pan and install reverse of removal. Wheels only need to barely come off the ground.

Easier and faster than pulling the engine up, IMO.

scskydivin, i would if mine was a sc :/ sadly its a regular v6.

bowez, would that still give me enough room to drop the pan? since my engine is still bolted to the tranny im afraid i have only inches for this to work

thanks for replies guys:D

Most non-SC engines came with two lifting brackets bolted to the exhaust manifolds. (Most SC engines came with just one.) They're gone from your engine?

If you don't have those, chain around the headers should be fine.

Back