finally assembly/smog questions.

figulaz

SCCoA Member
I should be ready to button up my engine which is basically a resealed stock 94 longblock. I want to put together and then request a base tune from Mr. Dalke. All I did was gasket match the lower intake and heads....94 ported blower,C.A.R.B approved 75 TB, stock 70MAF stock IC w/cooling fan...no condenser. 255lph fuel pump. ported stock exhaust manifolds.

1.I still have my 92 block and was thinking it has a slightly better cam profile from what I've read and I have to stay smog friendly. Should I swap that in while I still got everything out. 1. is it even worth the hassle 2. is it safe? do I need to worry about used cam bearings and a used cam from another engine. I also accidently won a bid on new lifters...throw those in as well?

2. I have early model,late model and 10% pulleys What should I go with?

3. I have 30#, 36# and 42# injectors..

I thinking I need to scale down my expectations considering smog but I still want something...Is it all tunable to smog legal....10% pulley and 42#injectors? The smog test needs to read clean at idle and low speeds on the dyno.

You mean the 15 and 25mph test .. they dont test at idle in your county, do they ?

Shouldnt be a problem with any of those parts listed, as long as your tune is good and you have the factory catalytic converters.

- Dan

I thought there were 3 readings on the paperwork. It might be 2. I also think idle has to be within range...I don't think I could show up idling at 1200rpms or something but all the cars I've smogged before have been absolutely stock and passed with no problems.

Back