seat belts stuck forward!

superdadsc

I have read that I can manually move my seat belts back so I can be legal and safe. I don't know where to look or how to do it.

Both driver and passenger are forward.:eek:

It's not easy to get to (example '90 SC), but there is a thumbwheel on the retraction system that allows for manually moving the nylon strip in the track - it's inside the lower side panel next to the rear seat bottom inside the body cavity.

Remove the rear seat bottom and any gaskets & trim fasteners along the back edge of the door - try to pull out the front edge of the plastic panel that the lower seat cushion sits against and see if you can gain enough space to reach the thumbwheel.

If not, it may mean removing the entire rear seat upper/lower before you can get the plastic panel out - once it's out you'll have full access. Be patient to not break any retainers…might need to remove the speaker.

Last edited:
Seems unlikely for mechanical failure to affect both belts. My car has over 200k miles and both belts work perfectly. Could there be an electrical problem? Have you checked fuses?

Back