what upgrades needed with 75mm throttle body

ghostryder

friend has 75 mm throttle that I can have but wondering what upgrades I have to do if any are needed?

thanks
Al.

Port the inlet to match, up-size the intake tube, MAFS. You can use your factory airbox if it's a C&L MAFS.

Or if you're lazy, just bolt it on, however it might even hurt performance with the inlet porting.

If it is an auto you need to drill out the hole a little and use a bronze bushing for the tv kickdown, then you need to have it properly adjusted using a pressure gauge and the precision gauge block.
Alan

...and if it's a "Professional" Products, some light filing, drilling, adjusting may need to be done to get it to run and fit right.

I still have my Professional Products TB in the box and didn't even think to look at the TV situation. Alan-- do you have any pics or point me to some threads of what needs to be drilled out?

They come with a plastic grommet in them, get the metal grommet then drill it til it fits, it doesn't take much.
Alan

A tune or qh. Can't port a factory inlet plenum to 75mm, usually 70mm is max for matching.

Port the inlet to match, up-size the intake tube, MAFS. You can use your factory airbox if it's a C&L MAFS.

Or if you're lazy, just bolt it on, however it might even hurt performance with the inlet porting.

If using a stock inlet plenum (early or late model) you have to port the first inch or so of the opening of the plenum or it will interfere with the throttle plate opening.

David

if you haven't opened up the exhaust I would do that. Port your exhaust manifold, down tubes, new resonator, cat's if you need to, and use 2.5 to 3 to 2.5 pipes. It'll give you better performance for sure.
Then you can think about the induction side.

Tb

It's a good upgrade and not very daunting if you can stuff a couple rags down the inlet and operate a dremel. I have a little experience with gasket matching and mild porting. I can send some pics of what I did to mine to get the 75TB on. I blended alot of material on the inlet that was just casting too....

Back