question on possible fuel cut

bumpskier45

yesterday I was out fooling around racing an impala....like he stood a chance,anyway at about 4600 RPM's in second gear it starting cutting out on me,not so much in third at the same RPM but a little bit. I have never changed the fuel filter and I am going to for sure do that but I have heard these cars have fuel cut is that what I experienced? I have some bolt ons for upgrades and a chip from dave to accomodate those bolt ons,I asked if I needed to uprade my fuel pump due to most of the upgrades was to more air and I did nothing to getting more fuel,do you all think I need a bigger fuel pump? idea's anyone,other than at 4,600-5k RPM's the car runs like a raped ape.

My car is a 93,Mods are new exaust,cold air intake piping the one from magnum powers,also 75mm intake with the matching one for the mass air flow sensor,raised top,intercooler fan,and ported blower done by magnum powers,180 degree tstat and a chip from dave dalke to match everything I just put down. stock fuel pump and stock injectors whatever those are probably 30# Ill assume.

You've already maxed the stock fuel pump so fix that first. Put a 255lph in there and new filter of course. Then if you still have fuel issues bigger injectors and matching MAF are required. You are probably at the limit of the injectors as well.

A 255lph pump should be everyones first mod
! Most likely you're stock one is almost shot anyway
And all mods eventually need the fuel pump so you
Might as well get it out or the way! Take it from me
the person that built there car azzbackwords :)

if I get bigger injectors and the fuel pump,which I can't afford just yet,will I need you to redo my chip dave and if so how much?

Ok got the fuel pump from bill at scp,I seriously doubt I will be able to get it in before the shootout though,injectors unless I can get a good deal from someone on here is to expensive for me right now.

if I get bigger injectors and the fuel pump,which I can't afford just yet,will I need you to redo my chip dave and if so how much?

I can make you a deal where I re-write your tune for you and include some used 38# injectors and new 255lph fuel pump for $300 if you want.

Awwww I wish I would have talked to you first,I purchased the 255lph fuel pump from bill at supercoupe performance.However I would still be interested in the rest of the deal you offered.Bill had mentioned something about a part that goes in the mass airflow but that was for me getting 42# injectors,not sure if anything would need to be done to the mass airflow with the 38# injectors.Anyway bring all that with you to the shootout.Oh by the way could you tune my chip while I am at the shootout?

Back