went to the track with....

pro street rich

we went to the track and popped off a couple of great runs. One is someone's best ever thanks to a new trans& convertor...He will have to post his good deeds I don't want to spoil his fun.
All in all it was a good day at the track. I even saw a 8 sec V6 make a pass and then on the second pass it went BOOM... I guess too much boost and too much bottle for that one....

that buick was fast

I even saw a 8 sec V6 make a pass and then on the second pass it went BOOM... I guess too much boost and too much bottle for that one....

how come they can get those 3.8's to go that fast?? That thing was a rocket ship. After it blew up the guy said it is getting harder to find parts for it. I think that we are going to find the same issue as time goes by.. He talked to us a bit but was not in the best of moods after it broke.

What kinda 3.8 was it GM or Nissan? I'm assuming GM with the hard to get parts comment.

Oops I see your header now.

It may have been a production 109 block but more than likely it was a stage 1 or 2 bms block. I think it can be done with a ford 4.3l, billet 76mm Q trim turbo, auto transmission, 3400lb car, and 25-30psi.

I've read quite a bit on that site and their heads don't flow anything close to what the splitport heads do. I don't even think the aftermarket gn1's can keep up with split port heads. There are a handful of sn95's with splitport heads running mid 10's with 15psi. Even Justin Starkey run 127mph on a bone stock motor with 17psi. That's good for deep 10's with a 1.4 60'.

this guy was faster.

It may have been a production 109 block but more than likely it was a stage 1 or 2 bms block. I think it can be done with a ford 4.3l, billet 76mm Q trim turbo, auto transmission, 3400lb car, and 25-30psi.

I've read quite a bit on that site and their heads don't flow anything close to what the splitport heads do. I don't even think the aftermarket gn1's can keep up with split port heads. There are a handful of sn95's with splitport heads running mid 10's with 15psi. Even Justin Starkey run 127mph on a bone stock motor with 17psi. That's good for deep 10's with a 1.4 60'.

His first run was just off the national record for GN's He was so happy with that run that he bumpped the boost and it bit him in the butt. When you get these car below that 8 second mark you are cooking. I think the twin nos system was also suspect to the boom...

Back