PDA

View Full Version : ESM Dominion 3 Supercharger

Scott Long
09-28-2013, 10:24 AM
This is a smiley port supercharger. Has what I think is a 5% pulley on it. Comes with the inlet plenum that has been ported to match. This supercharger looks like a MP3/MPX.

$500 + shipping. Can bring to shootout to save shipping costs. I'll get some pics of it this weekend.

Toms-SC
09-28-2013, 11:30 PM
Holy crap a piece of SC history right here.

boogeyman
09-29-2013, 09:22 PM
do they make power similar to a mpx ? sound any diffrent ? very interested

XxSlowpokexX
09-29-2013, 09:41 PM
thats a great price guys. i have one.

BLOWN38
09-29-2013, 10:10 PM
thats a great price guys. i have one.

What don't you have?:rolleyes:

XR7 Dave
09-29-2013, 11:04 PM
What don't you have?:rolleyes:I know! I know! Pick me, pick me!!

Scott Long
09-30-2013, 12:04 PM
I'll take pics of it tonight after work. I have it in my truck right now.

Should be similar to a smiley port MP3 supercharger. I never ran it on my car so I can't comment on sound. I don't know if the modifed and ported stock inlet that was used to make the inlet for this blower flows as good as an MP unit. I doubt you can get an MP3 style inlet by itself from MP and if it would match up to this or not.

This is a pretty custom job and not many were sold I only know of 3 and this is 1 of them.

Treys92
10-01-2013, 08:14 AM
Can I call dibs pending some pics? I'd like to see the inlet not sure how they were built.

Scott Long
10-01-2013, 08:25 AM
Ok I didn't get pics last night. I wasn't feeling to good and I have to bring this thing into my house and take it apart on my kitchen table because I have a small garage that barely fits my new truck in it.

The blower and inlet are sealed with copper rtv so I'll have to scrape that off. I will try and get pics up by 5 pm tonight.

Trey, there is already someone who has pm'd me that gets 1st dibs and bogeyman says he's also interested... but you know what they say, money talks bullsh!t walks.

I'd honestly prefer to not ship this thing, its heavy, and will be a pain in the a$$ to package up.

Scott Long
10-01-2013, 05:16 PM
I cleaned it up the best I could but I don't have a wire wheel nor am I going to pull the rotors out and clean the case any further.

I'd recommend pulling the rotors out and cleaning the inlet and outlet with a wire wheel before installing this just to be sure.

The coating on the rotors is flaking off, would be beneficial to send to Charles to get re-coated but you could run it as is.

I measured the pulley with a micrometer, its 2.8" from the ribs.

After seeing this thing separated I would love to keep it. It will flow a ton of air. I bet you could mate an MPX inlet plenum up to it. The inlet has been widened up behind the throttle body. I can't get the throttle body off right now to measure the port but I'm going to go over to Keggan's house in a little bit and use his bench vise and some heat to get this thing apart and then I can mic the opening and see if its 75mm or 80mm.

Scott Long
10-01-2013, 05:19 PM
Now tell me, did Charles copy Wade Embree's design? Looks to me like the answer is yes.

ricardoa1
10-01-2013, 05:51 PM
This is much better than the epoxy magnum powers mpIII. Performance should be on par.

I'd be curious to know about an mp inlet fitting on.

Good luck with the sale. Wade made a nice piece right there

Scott Long
10-01-2013, 06:08 PM
I'd like to keep it around but it'll be a while before I'd use it for one of my SC's so I might as well let it go to someone who is ready for a better supercharger.

I still have a late model and 2 MP inlet plenums and 2 early model SC's. This one is a nice piece though.

David R.
10-01-2013, 07:17 PM
I'd like to keep it around but it'll be a while before I'd use it for one of my SC's so I might as well let it go to someone who is ready for a better supercharger.

I still have a late model and 2 MP inlet plenums and 2 early model SC's. This one is a nice piece though.

You wouldn't want to part with one of those late model mp plenums, would you?

Scott Long
10-01-2013, 07:20 PM
I probably would for $400 plus shipping.

davec73
10-01-2013, 07:56 PM
Now tell me, did Charles copy Wade Embree's design? Looks to me like the answer is yes.

The Dominion three was developed by Wade a long time ago before the mpx ever existed. I didn't realize it til much later but they know one another fairly well.

David R.
10-01-2013, 08:22 PM
I probably would for $400 plus shipping.

Ah well that's fair. I guess I'm too cheap...:cool:

Jacob_Royer
10-01-2013, 08:50 PM
You wouldn't want to part with one of those late model mp plenums, would you?

Sell you a ported no silencer ports freshly rebuilt late model fresh powdercoat in MP silver so it matches the plenum with a MP plenum and a matching PC'd top for $750 shipped to youre door or $700 to the shootout then i will but this one from scott lol!

BLOWN38
10-01-2013, 09:03 PM
I havev a mp3 inlet I can bring to the shootout if you want to bring the blower we can see if they match.

XR7 Dave
10-01-2013, 09:09 PM
Nobody copied anyone. If you know anything about how the M90 works you know that is how it has to be made to maximize performance. Sadly, all the inlet plenums are woefully small.

PS. $500 is a great deal.

David R.
10-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Sell you a ported no silencer ports freshly rebuilt late model fresh powdercoat in MP silver so it matches the plenum with a MP plenum and a matching PC'd top for $750 shipped to youre door or $700 to the shootout then i will but this one from scott lol!

I actually just picked up an ESM ported late model case and grabbed a set of gtp rotors from the bone yard. If I had the money I would be all over this esm blower but I had to get a truck for the winter.

On a side note, and at risk of highjacking this thread, does anyone know what the side reinforcement is on my esm case? It's got a couple 1/4x3x4ish plates on the outsides of the case.

Scott Long
10-01-2013, 10:23 PM
I havev a mp3 inlet I can bring to the shootout if you want to bring the blower we can see if they match.

Ok bring it and we'll see.

Scott Long
10-01-2013, 10:24 PM
I actually just picked up an ESM ported late model case and grabbed a set of gtp rotors from the bone yard. If I had the money I would be all over this esm blower but I had to get a truck for the winter.

On a side note, and at risk of highjacking this thread, does anyone know what the side reinforcement is on my esm case? It's got a couple 1/4x3x4ish plates on the outsides of the case.

Anti-flex bracing. I remember seeing some like that back in the day. This blower doesn't have them.

Scott Long
10-01-2013, 10:26 PM
I just measured the throttle body mounting port to 83mm.

It had a stock throttle body mounted on it. I suppose and 85 mm might work or you could take a die grinder and open it up a tad more there is enough material.

I wish I had a wire wheel to clean up the mating surfaces but I'm in Ohio at my apartment and my wire wheel is in my garage 5 hrs away in Michigan so I apologize about that not being cleaned up better than it is in the photos.

David R.
10-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Anti-flex bracing. I remember seeing some like that back in the day. This blower doesn't have them.

cool thanks. It definitely look structural. Just wasnt sure if it maybe had something to do with heat, but on second thought that wouldnt really make a lot of sense..

XxSlowpokexX
10-02-2013, 12:31 AM
Mine had the plates welded and the silencer ports welded. Plates were to keep case from distorting at high RPM

Scott Long
10-02-2013, 08:12 AM
Ah well that's fair. I guess I'm too cheap...:cool:

Brand new in box, never installed, never powdercoated or painted. It was from the last run of these things. I don't know if any more new ones will be made or not.

Scott Long
10-03-2013, 10:28 AM
The ESM D3 supercharger and inlet have been sold.

jerrybrhea
10-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Paypal sent 1:10pm.

Thanks!!!