PDA

View Full Version : Shootout Dyno

SCrazy
10-01-2013, 07:50 AM
The signups for the dyno are pretty sparse this year. We only have 7 people currently registered to dyno and we have allowed for as many as 20.

I never win anything as part of the 'dyno competition" but I always do it, mainly because it's fun.

If you are interested in a dyno pull please shoot me a PM and I'll add your name to the list. We can settle up at registration.

Also know that if we truly only have 7 people who want to dyno I think this means the end of having dynos at the Shootout. The dyno day costs $1500 and we currently only have about $350 towards that amount so it makes no financial sense to continue on.

davec73
10-01-2013, 07:58 AM
After we are done with our three pulls we can come back and pay an extra fee for more pulls correct brian?

SCrazy
10-01-2013, 08:04 AM
After we are done with our three pulls we can come back and pay an extra fee for more pulls correct brian?

That is correct....so long as we have not hit our 20 car daily limit.

Also remember that tuning will not be allowed during the dyno competition.
There will only be a couple of minutes between pulls so really not enough time to do any kind of tuning at all.

BUT....once the competition is done and there is extra time at the end of the day then that time can be used for tuning.

ricardoa1
10-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Brian put me down. Although im predicting some locked up supercharger rotors before I even get on the rollers.

XR7 Dave
10-01-2013, 09:05 AM
Phil may decide to put his car on. Still working on bad clutch parts at the moment.

Jacob_Royer
10-01-2013, 09:17 AM
Seems that everyone's cars are broken or not done this year! I hate to see that seems like low registration numbers! Last year my # was up in the 80s if we have extra dyno time, due to not enough people I wouldn't mind paying extra for some tunning runs if I can get one of the pros help me dial it in a little better

SCrazy
10-01-2013, 09:45 AM
Thanks guys

Numbers are down a little bit this year.......about 10 cars or so

rzimmerl
10-01-2013, 11:31 AM
I'll send you a PM, been a few years since mines been on the rollers.

Dirtyd0g
10-01-2013, 11:41 AM
working out tune issues on mine right now got everything else taken care of I was planning on doing the dyno as well.
Alan

David Neibert
10-01-2013, 03:43 PM

You only get two (2) pulls for the $55 unless there was a problem with the dyno not reading one of the pulls. You can do an additional pull for an extra $40 in cash but if the schedule fills up you can only make one extra pull (3 pulls max). Here are the rules and classes. These rules pertain to the Shootout dyno competition, but if we have extra time slots in the schedule you can put your Vette, Shelby or whatever else you have that is 2wd on the dyno and make a couple pulls for the same $55. BTW, this dyno does have a Wide Band o2 sensor that will show your A/F ratio on the dyno sheet.

Dyno Competition Classes:

Highest HP V6 M90
Highest HP V6 Supercharged
Highest HP V6 Turbocharged
Highest HP V8 Naturally aspirated
Highest HP V8 Power Adder

Dyno Competition Rules & Details:

Engine: Ford motors only. Any and all power adders allowed.
Adjustments: Minor adjustments allowed only.
Number of attempts: The fee paid to participate in the Dyno competition only covers two (2) pulls. Any more than two (2) pulls or any tuning done on the dyno that results in a delay, will invoke extra charges for dyno time. Due to time constraints, the maximum number of pulls allowed is three (3).
Details: All dyno pulls must be done the day of the event on the dyno provided by the SC Shootout to be considered valid and are subject to verification by the SC Shootout.

David

Jeff Bratton
10-01-2013, 05:40 PM
PM sent Brian.... no competition here but Brian is correct when he says it is fun and we all know and love the super chargers whine!! ;)

Blown347
10-01-2013, 09:24 PM
I should have something there to dyno......Hope I can make it saturday.

Chris

Jacob_Royer
10-01-2013, 09:50 PM
PM sent Brian.... no competition here but Brian is correct when he says it is fun and we all know and love the super chargers whine!! ;)

Awesome i'd say our cars will be making similar numbers jeff! But you might just do a smokey one wheel burnout on the dyno without a trac loc :eek:

nmcbchief
10-01-2013, 10:55 PM
If I can get my car tuned Friday with some help I would be game for a dyno run.

Jacob_Royer
10-02-2013, 07:44 PM
Will. The dyno operators have any problem with me data logging my pulls?

davec73
10-02-2013, 07:47 PM
prob not if you leave be logging in the pass seat when they pull it on the dyno

Jacob_Royer
10-02-2013, 08:33 PM
prob not if you leave be logging in the pass seat when they pull it on the dyno

Thats what i was thinking although it was be really sweet if the guy hit the space bar at the beggining of the pulls and again afterwords so i dont end up with 1 10mb log lol

rzimmerl
10-02-2013, 09:57 PM
Will. The dyno operators have any problem with me data logging my pulls?

I always sit in the passenger seat when doing pulls making datalogs. Won't do it unless I can.