Leaky Trunk

The Big D

Leaky Trunk + car temp prob

I went out to my car last week and i noticed that there was mold growin on a piece of MDF board i left back there after moving my amps to the back seat, anyone know how i could stop the leak or where it comes from, i am assuming it has something to do with the rear windows cause theres a HUGE gap between that and the plastic molding, which has warped away, the window or the molding, should i get it replaced somehow or can i do something myself...and i dont like bringing the car to mechanics cause they always find more things wrong then what i went in to have checked on...

(edit): and the other problem that i didnt want to start a new thread for is that my car temp gauge will always be cold, sometimes when im sitting with the engine on it will go up, but right when i start driving again it drops, and if i put the heat on no hot air comes out, is the engine too cold? theres nothing wrong with the radiator and such and its really wierd how it works sometimes when i sit there...

Last edited:
As for your trunk leak, check the seal around the truck.mine was leaking and i found a bad spot in the seal. As for your engine problem it sounds like your thermostat is stuck open. If it does not close, your motor will not reach operating temp. the reason it gets alittle warm when you are sitting is becouse you have no moving air coming through your radiator.when you start to go it cools the fluid off. this is an easy fix and cheap...Bill

and i thought for sure it was coming from the gap between the rear glass and the molding, why does that gap form, it looks horrible and looks like that would be the spot to start leaking next, as for thermostat, you were right, its working fine now...but i have to wait for it to rain again to find out if i fixed the leak, cause when i use a hose it doesnt leak, and i tried that before i fixed what i think was where it was coming from

Back