crazy headlights issues need suggestions cant pass inspection until its fixed!!!

ghostryder

I have a 90 SC the low beam headlights only work when I push the turn signal stalk for the high beams to come on and stay on but I notice the high beam indicator on the dash doesn't come on and the high beams don't come on only the low beams. when I just hit the stalk to flash to pass with the hi beams the high beam indicator does illuminate on the dash and the high beam do come on. is something wired backwards or not connected correctly. I checked all the connections put in a new turn signal stalk a new headlight switch and checked all the fuses.

this has got me stumped. has anyone had this problem or can help me solve it

thanks
Al.

I had a similar intermittent problem like you are having. Sounds like a bad MFS.
I know you said you already purchased one, but was it brand new? And did you get the specific one for your car? I.e you might have auto headlights, They offer switches for both auto lights and non auto.

I had a similar intermittent problem like you are having. Sounds like a bad MFS.
I know you said you already purchased one, but was it brand new? And did you get the specific one for your car? I.e you might have auto headlights, They offer switches for both auto lights and non auto.
do you know the part number for the one with auto headlights. I will also check to see which MFS I purchased

Back