swapping abs to non abs

Dr-Rock

i just blasted my abs module or whatever it is...i am fed up with abs anyway and i want to swap for non abs...i know i will have to change the booster,master and put an equalizer valve..but am i missing sumthin??? also do i have to pus the mustang master because of the fact that it has a non abs with 4 disk ....help me out please.........thanky

What year car are we talking about here ????
Help us help you !!

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Search the archives for any ABS topics. There was a fellow couple of weeks ago who was on the other side of the fence.. he bought a car which someone had done this to and wanted to restore it back to ABS.

BTW, if what you don't want is the ABS function itself, but are otherwise pleased with the power brakes, you could just simply pull the relay to the ABS computer! The power brakes will operate on their own without the ABS.

As for me, I see no good mechanical reason to swap the ABS system out for a non-ABS. Well actually, there is one small reason.. if you don't want to replace the accumulator every 10 years, there might be a benefit.
A good financial reason might be due to the high cost of replacement should the HCU fail (i.e. the pump motor, the main body valve, or the pressure switch). But there are places that can repair/rebuild the units for much less than the replacement cost.

Back