Question about suspension bolts...

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
Well, im replacing all 4 shocks. About to start putting stuff back together but here's the problem. 89 shop manual sais to use new bolts...so does a friend of mine (Al35th's punk azzzz) and my brother. Tried autozone, napa & the ford dealer...no one has these bolts. Guy at napa sais they can be reused. Whats teh deal? IM talking about the upper control arm-to-spindle bolt & nut and the lower control arm-to-shock tower bolt & nut. Should I use the old ones again....i mean, they look ok to me, but then again they're supposed to be a 'one time' part. Any part numbers from anybody? Gracias for any help:confused:

So, you're supposed to use new bolts when you change the shocks??? I guess I should get around to finding some new bolts myself. Changed my shocks & springs about 6-months ago. Didn't realize the bolt was a one-time kind of part.

suspension bolts...

When I bought my new upper control arms, they came with a new nuts/bolts (TRW part). I've never had to replace the lowers so I can't comment on it. Good luck

Here are some Ford hardware numbers for you, 'cuz I'm a nice guy :D ....

N806798-S56 for the lower bolt ...
N620604-S100 for the locking nut on that

N805463-S150 for the upper pinch bolt
N805475-S436 for the nut on the pinch bolt

If the car has a lot of miles on it, probably not a bad idea to change these ... the lower nuts are the nylon locking style.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Ed! You're always a life saver man. YOu're an invaluable resource when it comes to parts and part #'s. THAAAANX MAN!:D

Back