Where the hell can I get wheel spacers!

metalman

With the 17 in wheels I have they rub turning in reverse everso again the spindle. I can't find any place who sells 5 lug, 4 1/4 spacers if a small 5mm or even 3mm. Just something to give my wheels a little breathing room from the spindles.

I've ordered several flavors of billet wheel spacers and usually find them on ebay. Just find an attractive price and read the feedback. IF people say, "these fit horrible," then find another seller :)

I've tried Pep boys, advanced, auto zone, and another shop and they all carry the same sizes. No love for the T-bird.

I don't want to cut into the spindle and, God forbid, snap it cause I've compromised it's strength.

I'll look harder on eBay, or maybe get a local machine shop to fab me up a set.

Thanks, guys.

Anthony,
I have a pair of some super thin ones if you want to try them out before you buy any. I use them when I running my track wheels/tires.

Sure, Keith. I'm looking to go just enough for clearance. Dirtydog, I might have to take you up on that if Keith's do me right.

I have to order balloon plates later this week and that is what I figured would work easy basically all I have to do to them is bore the center to fit and drill the 5 holes for the studs to go through. The small ones that woudl work well are under $10 a piece so it shouldn't be very expensive I don't expect it would take me long to mod them.
Alan

Another thought I had would be to take some old rotors and just cut the center out of them, making something useful from junk is always productive.
Alan

Back