Am I missing anything about these hydraulic clutches?

HwyStar

Thanks for everyone answering my questions. Im excited to get my car back on the road. Im doing this on a compressed schedule since being transferred back on board a ship.

One of the problems I have always had with just these cars is the clutch. Never had a problem with any other car with a hydraulic clutch, just SCs/XR7s. It seems as if the clutch doesnt completly disengage when I depress the pedal. Some times putting it into gear can be a bear. I used a new Bendex master/slave cylinder when I went back together with the car as well as a new line from RockAuto. I then followed the bleed procedure outlined in the service manual. Im not getting any more air out of the line. If Im in gear cruising, and I go to take it out of gear and coast, pushing the clutch in then feels like the clutch releases high on the pedal stroke. But, I recall most hydraulic clutches being like that. Any ideas? Im running a Center Force dual friction clutch of some type. Not sure what model it is, Stan W. may know if he is still on the forums.

Could it be as simple as changing the fluid in the trans? That doesnt make much sense to me, but its a possibility.

Hydraulic clutch

Good morning

Check the shifter bushing for wear. Might be time for a overhaul. Check the clutch peddle where the slave cylinder rod is connected for wear. Did you replace clutch peddle to slave cylinder rod plastic bushing?

Good luck.

Yeap. Sure did. Has a new ripper shifter. The clutch isnt, or seems like it isnt disengaging essentially with all new parts.

No, the clutch, flywheel and pressure plate were new on the car I wrecked. I took those parts and put them on this car.

But, these are aftermarket parts, and. it is possible that the tolerences are a little different. Also, I thought that hydraulic clutches were supposed to take up any differences automaticly, right?

If its still air in the clutch use a mighty vac inside the clutch Reservoir with the proper sized nipple that will fit down into the line. Pull a slight vacuum on it and quickly pull the nipple out. Sometimes air gets trapped in the slave cylinder and pulling a vacuum on it pulls the seal to the back of the slave and you suck the air out with the vac. Works like a charm on my cars.

Its worth a shot, I do have a brake vac setup. After reading Daves old post, i may end up pulling the trans and measuring things. Since I have aftermarket parts Im thinking something is out of tolerence...

Back