PDA

View Full Version : need suggestions for bolt on lower control arm

bumpskier45
10-13-2013, 03:55 PM
Let me just start by saying this car was a Michigan car for 3 years and although it was not affected to horribly bad it has made the nut that connects the lower control arm to the frame look like it is all one piece.For days now I have been hitting it with penetrating oil,taking my torch to it,I even put the jack under my wrench and it supported the weight of the car. if anyone has any other idea's I would love to hear them,and no I don't have access to an impact tool.....I wish lol. At this point without any further good suggestions to try I am left with taking a grinder to it,so that being said I either need a really good suggestion or another bolt and nut for the one I will end up destroying. Thanks guys.

Ddubb
10-13-2013, 04:43 PM
Sounds like a bit of a problem. Id say grinder as a last resort. If you cant find the bolt elsewhere, I am sure I have one or more here.

- Dan

bumpskier45
10-13-2013, 04:50 PM
that is great news,now I won't feel so bad chopping through that so and so. I am going to blast it one more time with heat and liquid wrench over night if it doesn't budge in the morning its toast.