PDA

View Full Version : Dynomax VT drone free?

superdadsc
10-23-2013, 06:44 PM
Anyone try these?

http://www.dynomax.com/mufflers.php?muffler=vt

Dirtyd0g
10-23-2013, 07:31 PM
I have found the drone problems need to be fixed with a mid mount dual in dual out or dual in single out, I have seen a few different setups there that work but mufflers at the rear of the car don't seem to. I have a dual in dual out on mine with no cats or rear mufflers and it doesn't drone.
Alan

superdadsc
10-23-2013, 07:46 PM
You could put this in place of the resonator could you?

Dirtyd0g
10-23-2013, 08:27 PM
If they have the right setup it could work.
Alan

sc91gt
10-23-2013, 11:26 PM
My 90 was factory, I had 2 1/4" no cat down pipes, into a magnaflow dual 2.5 in, out resonator, true dual 2.5 pipes to magnaflow mufflers installed. Drone fn got to me @ 1800-2100. Had tips extended past ground effects and was slightly better. Brought car back to WA and had my exhaust guy replace single res with x pipe and 2 magnaflow resonators. Only slightly less resonance and car sounded like a goose with its head in a vice! The guy I bought the mufflers from said they droned, why he was selling. So I thought new mufflers. Bought the smaller case dynomax VTs for I4-v6 and they are ~~~~ing awesome! Quiet but nice sounding at cruising, and aggressive, good sounding at WOT. There is no, or so little drone at highway speeds that you will not notice if there was...

90blkbrd
10-24-2013, 01:43 PM
One of the secrets is how the exhaust pipe exits the car.

Don't let it end before the rear bumper valence and point it straight out back and not toward the ground.

sc91gt
10-25-2013, 08:33 PM
My work sent me to Seattle yesterday and on the way home I got to do my first tunnel full throttle blast! My car is an auto so I slowed to 50mph to give me more road in front and so it would hit 2nd. It sounds awesome! full throttle roof open windows down 2nd-3rd gear blast! Highly recommend the VT mufflers.