PDA

View Full Version : So I finally drove my sc

91bird
10-25-2013, 08:11 PM
Well, everything sort of lined up for me yesterday afternoon and I had an hr or two to myself and actually got the bird out of the garage while it was still sunny and took it for a rip, sort of. Not legally mind you, but I did take it over to C-Tire for an Etest. Was nicely surprised to have a couple of guys come over and look the car over. They were impressed and said they have never had one in their shop ever. That wasnt really surprising i guess. Anyway the car passed no issues and was a nice feeling to get a few positive comments on the car. It drove pretty good and seems I fixed the valve cover leak, the tires were a little flat cause I havent driven it since last October sooo.... Tires only have about 2-300km's so hope they dont stay like that. I guess I was missing the car a bit and I am hoping to do some modest upgrades over winter. I did give it a little hell on the way home too. As much as you can get out of a stone stock SC. Oh wait I have a k&n in there:cool: lol.
Take er easy guys.
Drew

shoalcracker
10-25-2013, 09:14 PM
Good to hear all is well with "White Lightning" :)

I had a bad experience at speed in NC last mth. Both frts were red hot and blowout was at the sideway where the tread meets the metal belts of the sidewall.

Looked like a transport retread on the side of the HiWay.

These tires had spent a lot of time in storage and although new had flat spots that appeared to clear with temperature.

Mentioned it to Denis (RedFox) as he has a couple sitting for long periods.

He goes to 45 psi while in storage.

Will be doing the same.

Paul

Ryan A Harris
10-28-2013, 05:51 PM
Well, you're ahead of me in total km's!

Glad to see, E test passed, drove without blowing up, you had fun, still planning mods.

Drive her out to my place next weekend, chit chat, coffee, beer, SC talk, would be fun.