can anyone identify this connector

If your car is a stick it may be to the clutch safty and part of the cruise control. best i can remember that is what it looks like, but i would have to look at mine.

Bumpskier - Not enough connections (the OEM non-premium non-JBL radio has two, 8 pin connectors, one of which is shared with the premium and JBL systems) and tabs on the ends, not in the middle of the body.

Ghostryder - The shape LOOKS like a 1990 Clutch Safety Switch harness, and it's got the right number of connectors. What year is your SC? Auto or manual?

For 1990 (the year EVTM I have to hand) there's a shorting block on the clutch plug on auto cars, so that the clutch interrupt doesn't, well, interrupt ...

RwP

Looks like your dash came from a different year SC which means that it won't work in your car.

That is the clutch switch plug and the fact that it has a cap on it indicates it's from an auto car of a newer vintage which means that there are going to be other wiring issues since the dash harness is different in later years (1989/90 auto's did not have the clutch switch harness at all).

i have it running. only problem is my my low beams come on when i push the mfs for the high beams to come on the low beams come on flash to pass works fine but when turn on headlights all the light come on accept the low beams

i changed all the wiring harnesses

i have it running. only problem is my my low beams come on when i push the mfs for the high beams to come on the low beams come on flash to pass works fine but when turn on headlights all the light come on accept the low beams

i changed all the wiring harnesses

In that case, you need the multifunction switch that came with the dash.

I have the CAD probably why my low beams don't come on when I turn lights on all other lights come on. low beams only come on when I push MFS for high beam to stay on lol!

I purchased a new MFS and low beams still didn't work. the new one has CAD on the bottom if it. but I will take the old one apart and clean it up.

Check the EVTM (you DO have the EVTM, don't you? You don't? And you wanted to tackle a major rewiring job? Tsk, tsk!) and you'll notice that it's the same circuit TO the MFS for both low and high beams, and it's all from the MFS forward for low and high beams (to be separate).

So if it's not the MFS, it's the wiring from the MFS to the lights.

Can't be much else.

Now, this is not from your year, but this is typical of the Cougar from 1991 up and for the TBird from 1994 and up ... earlier have separate bulbs for high and low beams, but is basically the same:

http://www.philent.biz/images/1994_Cougar_Thunderbird_Headlamps_No_Autolamps.PDF

RwP

Back