swap engine

J

jonathanwolf

hi all Im new on this forum .I have a t-bird sc 1993 my engine blow. i just whant no if i can swap with a 302 v8 carburetor in my car,thanks

I'm sure this is possible. I would try posting in the proper sub forum and see who chimes in. Why not try and find another 3.8L to swap in? I'm sure this would be a much easier route to go. Welcome to SCCOA. I'm a new member myself.

you can put anything under the hood.

hi all Im new on this forum .I have a t-bird sc 1993 my engine blow. i just whant no if i can swap with a 302 v8 carburetor in my car,thanks

These cars are bigger than people think. You could put a big block ford or chevy under the hood. I know I have done a few different engines into these cars. As long as you are going carb it is a cake walk to do....Rich

These cars are bigger than people think. You could put a big block ford or chevy under the hood. I know I have done a few different engines into these cars. As long as you are going carb it is a cake walk to do....Rich

BELIEVE IT! I am working on a BBF/T56 combo. Carb would be waaayyy easy! I'm shooting the EFI route myself on an early carb engine. Good luck and welcome!
MikeH

you will need 91-93 Tbird 5.0L motor mounts, radiator too although a 4.6L radiator might work. you might also need to get the timing cover and waterpump from a 91-93 tbird 5.0L, due to clearances between pulley and radiator. Ford used a shorter waterpump design on these cars.

Back